SBD Dauntless Dive Bomber discovered off the coast of San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ballpark of where it is at? Down by the border? Up by Del Mar?
I know a little of San Diego, but don't know it that well.

So, what's the back-story? You were out one day with a side-imaging sonar and stumbled across the wreck? You researched downed aircraft, found reference to this incident, and went looking for it? Someone told you about it? Always curious to see how folks come across these things. M

So, what's the back-story? You were out one day with a side-imaging sonar and stumbled across the wreck? You researched downed aircraft, found reference to this incident, and went looking for it? Someone told you about it? Always curious to see how folks come across these things. M

It was a target on some bathymetry data. All you have to do is dive the anomalies, some are rocks and some are wrecks.

You might check the rudder/elevators for entanglement damage, if they exist, sounds like the sleeve didn't deploy properly.

Bob

It was a target on some bathymetry data. All you have to do is dive the anomaly’s, some are rocks are some are wrecks.

Well, that's easy enough. 40 years ago I did 200' on air with the accompanying deco penalty without much thought. Did the deep wrecks in Truk a lot in the late 70's, early 80's, and again in the late 80's when I lived in Guam. Today, I gave it some thought. I'll leave the deep air, mixed gas and rebreather stuff to the younger generation and applaud your exploits! Give me 30' in a kelp forrest and I'm happy. M

Probably not but if you want to check it out I would be willing to take you there.

Sounds awesome to me.

Always good to see the green side of the grass in the morning, a kelp forest in the afternoon is a real plus.

Bob
----------------
The crazy sh*t is for the kids anyway, I did my tour already.

Agree. A kelp forrest at dawn as the sun rises is also a magical place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom