SB Venice Beach Dive

When do you want to dive Venice Beach 2017??? You may select two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds like fun...what time would it start?...where is the beach and parking lot?
Going from past events, generally everyone pretty much shows up by 9 am or earlier, brings towels, shade, food, etc., scuba gear and heads to the water in loose groups. There are always non divers willing to sit in the shade and keep an eye on things.
By late afternoon, if the afternoon storms haven't chased us off the beach we pack up and head out separate ways.

Tthe location is the end of Alhambra Road. Park on the street and carry gear to the beach.
https://www.google.com/maps/@27.0941748,-82.4564643,17z

Bathrooms and showers are a few minutes walk away at the public Beach.[/QUOTE]

sounds good..i will monitor this thread.....I'm thinking day trip from southeast florida....

I've done it as a day trip on more than one occasion.

I just saw this thread. I'm in. I do have one piece of advice to offer. Venice is notorious for scheduling bike races on holidays. I don't know if there is one scheduled for the July 1st weekend but it wouldn't surprise me. When that happens, they close the beachside roads & the only access you will have is to the Venice Public Beach. No Alhambra, No Sharkies, No S.Brohard & Service Club or Casperson.

Good to know. Thanks.
Pete, how's the voting going?

Good to know. Thanks.
Pete, how's the voting going?
Looks like July 15 has 55% of the vote.

We will not make the tooth dive. :(

Due to scheduling conflicts we have had to opt for a June 1 swing through the state, looking into a potential move, rather than mid July as it looks like the group has chosen.

Another time, we hope.....

We will not make the tooth dive. :(

Due to scheduling conflicts we have had to opt for a June 1 swing through the state, looking into a potential move, rather than mid July as it looks like the group has chosen.

Another time, we hope.....
Like that stops us from doing so the beginning of June? :D

The beach isn't going anywhere, nor will it not be there if you show up early. :wink: .

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom