SB Venice Beach Dive

When do you want to dive Venice Beach 2017??? You may select two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Years ago we used to do a big beach dive around the end of June. Any interest in doing another one?
Anybody want to help set one up?

Interested.
Always looking for an excuse to get down to Venice Beach.

I'll play :clearmask:

About all I know about diving for teeth is what I've heard from the guy at Venice Dive Center and their Facebook page. If you're trying to set up a beach dive event, I can't be any help. But if we're looking for a charter, the folk at Venice Dive Center seems nice and well informed.

This thread piqued my interest, too.
Venice Beach shark tooth / fossil dive

Last edited:
I'm in, I believe!

If we get enough people interested, should we get Bay Adventures to coordinate lodging and a dive charter, or is that beyond the scope of this particular activity?

From Stephanie at Venice Dive Center. I'm sure there are other charters available if interested. VDC is the only one I have visited.

Our boat will take a maximum 6 divers. It holds more, but we keep it at 6 so everyone is comfortable and not tripping over each other. It is $85/person for a 2-tank dive and $100/person for a 3-tank dive. The 3-tank dives usually take place on the weekends. We go out as long as we have 3 divers and the weather/visibility is good. We would need to see proof of certification for each diver and you will all need to fill out/sign our waiver. The boat only supplies tanks. Any other gear needed would have to be rented and picked up the day prior to your dive. If you choose to do a shore dive, we can also rent gear. The boat pickup is located on Casey Key. There are a lot of hotels nearby, but they might be on the pricey side since they would be so close to the water. You can also find some nice hotels in Venice that aren’t really that far from boat pickup.

<underscore is mine, not Stephanies>

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom