SB INVADES THE KEYS... July 14-16, 2006!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania:
OK, so that's where my passport is...I really couldn't find it....So what do I have to do to get it back?
I already miss all of you

I like the way you think... 'What do I HAVE TO DO to get it back.

Not, "How much to get it back"..or "Please give it back", "Why did you take it".. just

What do I HAVE TO DO to get it back.......

My imagination races with ideas...

I am going to spend some time thinking and kicking myslef for not going to the keys to finish the fantastic adventure I started....

BIGSAGE136:
Tell me that aint the Doc!

NetDoc made his musical appearance playing the conch horn.

24InvadeTheKeys2006.jpg

I had a GREAT time! 23 dives in 9 days of vacation- & that's with taking 2 days off diving to boot! It was wonderful hanging out with old friends & making new friends. I'll post my impressions tomorrow. Right now I'm just too darned tired! Thanks to all who worked so hard on this- Jenny (love ya' Sistuh!), Pete, Brenda, Gary, Brent, the folks a Quiescence, Dan, Lisa, & all the event sponsors for their GENEROUS contributions!!

Gosh, guess it's my turn...where oh where to start.

First, to those on the board "employed" to make this happen....Pete, Jenny, and those behind the scenes I am entirely unaware of.....the hours upon hours you obviously put into this shindig was glaringly apparent, and hopefully, the appreciation and THANKS shows.

Capt. Gary and the ever-ready and available Brenda leave me in awe. They were already there when we walked in in the AM and still there after the last person left at night...how you do it, I can only guess. Brenda, I can't imagine how you kept all our millions of reservations in order......every time I was in that office, someone was coming by asking, "What boat am I on?" (The moment at which my temper would have shown itself......). Yet she smiled and just kept on...........

To Walter and everyone who helped pull off my 200th dive......I'm still grinning and tearing up just a little.......the flag is already on the wall in my office. I greatly anticipate the picture that the Irishman so kindly orchestrated, and will have that framed asap as well.

The honor and simple joy of diving with such an incredible group just amazes me every time. We are a group that can go months, or years, without seeing each other, and the minute everyone gets together, it's right back to joking and laughs. And it's so great to welcome all the new additions.......how incredible to meet Mania, Laurens, divers from far away that I'd never have had the opportunity to meet otherwise. And new honorary conchs like Ciret (congrats on your first wreck dive!) who I hope will continue to come join us often!!!

So, many thanks to the organizers and participants alike for reminding me of exactly why I love diving so much.

So, when's the next one? "D

Wow! I can’t tell you enough how much fun I had this weekend! This was my first weekend diving in the Keys, and I loved it! I had snorkeled Molasses Reef when I was pregnant with Xavier, but diving was quite another story! Colin and I managed to get in 4 dives together, which was such a sacred treasure for both of us.

Ron, please thank your wife AGAIN for watching the kids for us on Friday so that we could start the weekend with some nice reef dives. The REEF ID class Friday evening was a joy! I kept saying, “Hey, I saw one of those earlier,” or “So, That’s what that thing was!” Conch Republic really made me feel at home when I was there looking around, getting ready to dive, or just hanging out with the boys.

Thanks to Scuba_Jenny’s absolute selflessness, I was able to dive again Sunday to experience my first wreck dive and my deepest dive to 102 feet. I was so excited! Jenny was originally scheduled to dive the Duane and then Conch Wall that afternoon, but she offered to entertain the Bulla Boys so that I could get one more set of dives in with Colin. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me! It’s not often that Colin and I get any time to ourselves, let alone any time where we can truly enjoy each other and one of our favorite pastimes while not having to worry about the kids. THANK YOU, JENNY!!!

I was just about to list some of my diving highlights when it dawned on me that two of them involved the back ends of animals! LOL! I spotted the back half of a moray eel on one of the reefs Friday, and I caught a vision of the tail end of a goliath grouper on the Duane Sunday. Hmmm… Our dive group was also honored by the presence of a beautiful loggerhead turtle while en route to Conch Wall. Cool stuff!

The get-together Saturday night was a lot of fun, too! Scubaboard sure knows how to throw a party! Although I’m not super active on the board, it was so nice to put a face and voice to so many names I’ve seen or heard. And it’s always a blast to spend time with the names and faces I’ve come to adore. What a great group!

Sign us up for next year! ScubaBoard Invades the Keys 2007. The Bullas will be there!

Orlando Eric:
My imagination races with ideas...

I am going to spend some time thinking and kicking myslef for not going to the keys to finish the fantastic adventure I started....
Yeah..and any ideas came up???
:D
Mania

well, it was just wonderful to be amongst such awesome people ... like everyone has said, it was a blast and a pleasure to party with y'all

next year, i'm bringing a bigger cooler

KBeck:
Wow, Howarde, I have some MAJOR camera envy...I don't even so much as own a digital camera, but after seeing your pics, I feel like I should just leave it for you.....wow! Talk about clarity!

Don't suppose I could adopt that one for my profile?
sure....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom