SB community, we NEED your help and input....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FELICIDADES!!!!! Desde Chile estaremos orando por ti
CONGRATULATIONS for your wings.!!

DMP:
I want to thank everyone early on for your support. I especially want to thank two angels who made this a reality for I could not. Your postings will be given to him tomorow at 1100 a.m. and future posts will be given to him in person, for I will not forget him after I am done.

DMP,

As promised, I took my wings off my uniform coat and sent them to you for presentation to that courageous young man. I have worn them for many years. My prayers go with them.

Now, thanks to you, he will have both jump and pilot wings. Few people ever have that combination. I hope he will wear both with pride.

The FedEx tracking number is: 791410379085 and they should be at your address by 1500 hours tomorrow. Please contact me if there is any snag. (888-535-5890 toll free voice pager).

Sincerely,

Rob Davie
Boeing B-777 Pilot
Continental Airlines
Houston, Texas

BigJetDriver69:
DMP,

As promised, I took my wings off my uniform coat and sent them to you for presentation to that courageous young man. I have worn them for many years. My prayers go with them.

Now, thanks to you, he will have both jump and pilot wings. Few people ever have that combination. I hope he will wear both with pride.

BigJet, that is awesome.
I am impressed by your thoughtfulness and sacrifice.
Our military veterans display some of the best character in our country.

What a wonderful example for our young sons to look up to.
Thank you.

Congratulations getting all of your wings! You've done a great job and I wish you the very best. Have a good Christmas!

Randy in Ohio

Ok, here it goes......Made it through unscathed. My speech infront of the president of Medical Mutual, Make a Wish Foundation and, the CEO amongst staff and nurses(was done in a hospital room) goes as follows;
"I want to thank Medical Mutual and Make A Wish Foundation for inviting me to such an auspiscious event. I was asked to come in and present young Brian with some items for his wish. I have done something better, (held up my jump wings that were pinned on me in 1987, asked mom to come over) keeping with the tradition of the United States Army Airborne School. Somebody from their family has the proud designation of pinning the coveted Jump Wings. Then produced my beret that has been with me on every jump, and bestowed it upon him, for one day when he does make his Halo jump that he carry it with him and that St. Michael watch over him on his leap of faith". Then pictures sent via the U.S. Army Golden knights were given to him, and a poster that befitted the occassion and on it was printed, "Every Generation Has It's Hero's, This One Is No Different". In closing; "You are a true hero for what you are facing, never give up. For their are others that are backing you in your endeavors, there are paratroopers and scuba divers from all over the world responding to your fight." I gave him the posts I pulled last night and sent to Kinko's to be printed on a certificate made by an SB angel, and I will continue to print them out as they come and deliver to the family.

Thank you all for your responses, words cannot describe how Brian and his family and the others felt, when I left there was not a dry eye in the room. Again I want to thank all of those who have responded and have yet to respond from my heart.

Joe, it sounds perfect. I'm so impressed.
What a wonderful way for Brian to go into the holidays.

Super!! Not a lot of dry eyes out here, either...

Ya' done great, Trooper.

To give of yourself is the greatest gift there is and that is what you gave today. You touched my heart and I am sure the hearts of everyone who hears about this.

Back
Top Bottom