Saw this on Another Forum...Deep Deep Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Burke:
I have been on missions where divers went deep to collect information. There was not a SEAL in sight.

Well, it's good to know, in the context of this discussion, that there is information to collect in deep water. I'm not really concerned about who is doing the liquid breathing so much as I am with whether it's being done. Just from what I understand about the military division of labor, I think that anything worth risking as much as breathing a liquid would not be handled by normal Navy divers. But who knows. Breathing a liquid is just as much foreign to deep hardhat divers as it is to combat divers rebreathing at 30' feet.

Don Burke:
I have been on missions where we put SEALs out. I am pretty sure no one went deeper than about 60 feet without having a nuclear submarine wrapped around him. Less than 30 was the norm.

30' probably is normal. That said, SEALs are well trained to dive deeper than 60ft.

Don Burke:
Breathing liquid? It has many possibilities. This is not one of them.

Of course this is a possibility. It might not be used, you might not have been privy to it, but it's most certainly a possibility.

JB

wettek:
So they're quite happy to tell everybody about their technology for tracking/viewing submarines?????? Considering how super secret submarine technology is (despite what Tom Clancy would have us believe) I find it hard to believe that all these seals are fessing up to the public what the navy gets up to......

If anyone had really fessed up about anything this thread wouldn't be full of everyone's speculation, would it? Remember, this is all just bollocks, mate.

And don't get too hung up on the submarine stuff, please. If the technology is being used, who knows what they actually do with it. And just because we can't think of the reason doesn't, alone, mean this isn't possible.

JB

For anyone willing to read another discussion, this one is actually very interesting: http://yarchive.net/med/liquid_breathe.html

RockPile:
If anyone had really fessed up about anything this thread wouldn't be full of everyone's speculation, would it? Remember, this is all just bollocks, mate.

And don't get too hung up on the submarine stuff, please. If the technology is being used, who knows what they actually do with it. And just because we can't think of the reason doesn't, alone, mean this isn't possible.

JB

For anyone willing to read another discussion, this one is actually very interesting: http://yarchive.net/med/liquid_breathe.html

Let's see..... "I know a SEAL who told me", "I worked with SEALS who told me" "A friend of mine was told by a SEAL"........
If this isn't someone fessing up out of school I don't know what is. Remember,this is all just bollocks, mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

wettek:
Let's see..... "I know a SEAL who told me", "I worked with SEALS who told me" "A friend of mine was told by a SEAL"........
If this isn't someone fessing up out of school I don't know what is. Remember,this is all just bollocks, mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So, you believe me? Good.

I don't consider conversations I've had as proof of anything. Nor do I particularly expect you too either. That makes this all speculation. This debate has reminded me that mentioning things like that is often counter-productive (you've been hung up on it for two days now, for instance).

And dag, I think your coma key is stuck.

JB

RockPile:

I don't consider conversations I've had as proof of anything. Nor do I particularly expect you too either. That makes this all speculation. This debate has reminded me that mentioning things like that is often counter-productive (you've been hung up on it for two days now, for instance).

JB

Including this, I've made 4 posts, as compared to how many by you? I don't think I'm the one who's hung up mate..........
Anyway, who cares, I'm not gonna do it, you're not gonna do it, so at the end of the day why do we bother batting it back and forth, when none of us have any PROOF to confirm or deny. Speculation and 2nd hand info is one thing. Cold hard facts is reality.

I was in the US Navy for 5 years.. and I can tell you EXACTLY what use there would be for diving to 8000 ft..

Painting anything that doesn't move, painting it twice if it does move, needle-gunning off the rust, and doing it over... there has to be a few wrecks at that depth that need some preventative maintenence.. =)

I'll shutup now

Take care everyone

Scott

RockPile:

JB
JB,
I've been reading this thread,and I just can't believe that it would be of any more use that the diver in your avitar(with a gun drawn underwater)So,I just Have this one thing to say about it, and then I'll subside and leave you to your fantasy.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOUR TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I'll have to get that key fixed.

Back
Top Bottom