Save yourselves, it's too late for me (help needed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purplehammerhead, send me your address pronto private mail and I will send you one to use. It will be the VDH version. You may also very much like the one that Duckbill recommends, I certainly do. I think that VDH is temporarily closed for a few days due to having two events back to back and all of the travel involved. N

Cheers Nemrod,

Should have posted earlier, but Captain has kindly offered to send me an adapter and I took his hand off at the wrist :D.

Thanks to all who've helped me so far, your advice has been invaluable. Piccies promised early next month...

Special announcement - a package just delivered to my desk, contents: - one adaptor!

Thanks a million Captain, and cheers to Nemrod for offering to help out as well.

Pictures will follow...

thepurplehammerhead:
Special announcement - a package just delivered to my desk, contents: - one adaptor!

Thanks a million Captain, and cheers to Nemrod for offering to help out as well.

Pictures will follow...

Happy to hear it made it across the big pond in time.

Wow - do you always talk in such a dramatic fashion? lol. Nice gear :wink:

OK, so I got sneaky.

Managed to bribe the DM (with multiple beers) into allowing me to do "just one!" dive with the reg and spg. The other dives had to include an octo...so I didn't do them :D

Anyway, I stripped the wing off the back plate, attached tank and sorted out weighting and controlled bouyancy with my lungs alone. Fantastic it was, too!

Basically the best "free" feeling I've had diving since I started. A real treat! The reg breathed flawlessy to about 100 fsw and was perfectly happy with 3,000 psi. Spent 1hr+ in the water and could have gone on another half hour.

Thanks again for the assistance and advice that made this possible, my only regret was that I forgot to bring my 60's oval mask...

_MG_3113a.jpg

Way to go Larry. Looks like a good time.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

Back
Top Bottom