Save Photo to desktop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FunkyDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All! I like scanning through the photos because there are some very nice photos that everybody takes. :D In the past I had just been right clicking on random ones to save to my desktop. It makes for very interesting scenery while surfing the web. But lately I can't seem to be able to get anything to happen when I right click on the photos. I thought I had inadvertently changed some setting in my browser, but to double check I went to another website and it works fine on that one. Is this by design? Are we not allowed to do this on ScubaBoard? Or is it just considered bad practice? I guess I can understand if they are afraid of copyright violations or something, but I sure will be bummed out!

It's more polite to ask the photographer if he/she minds if you download the image for use on your desktop :wink: Most of the time he/she will likely give you permission and may send you a file or tell you how to download from a site.

I believe the right click save function might have been turned off in the SB gallery, but am not sure.

why not try asking for a photo? not many are pros here and some would probably be thrilled by the thought of someone asking for his/her photo :wink:

for private non-commercial use of course. a low res photo works fine for desktop wallpaper use.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize it wasn't cool to do that. I'll definitely ask, because as I said there are some very good pics.

Mercenary that I am, I prefer cash.

All the best, James

Polite and legal. It's common to think that anything see on the net without blocking can just be copied, but this is not true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom