Save our Jewfish, aka Goliath Grouper news...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem, the inaccurate posts simply decrease your credibility
He probably doesn't have the "I care about my credibility" trait either.....

No problem, the inaccurate posts simply decrease your credibility

He probably doesn't have the "I care about my credibility" trait either.....
You guys seem like a bundle of fun to dive with.

If we ever dove together, just note I would view you as nothing more than a pony bottle with feelings.

Enjoy your weekend yelling at the sky and kids on your lawn. 😆

It matters. Maybe not to you, but it matters to a lot of people. Stakeholders and fisheries managers in particular.
You are correct, but it is not relevant to this thread. Perhaps you'd like to start a thread that talks about a Goliath Groupers diet?

I'm a stakeholder and I don't care. I saw one grab a hogfish off of a spear. The guy barely got his spear back and it was bent. I had a hard time not laughing at the spectacle. Every time that guy tried to pull the hogfish out, the Jewfish flung him around like a flag. He had a schit load of bruising, but the Pirate Lord won the day and swam away with his plunder.

To be inclusive, I used both names in the title, but I used my preferred name first. I only speak for myself, but I realize that many don't know what a Jewfish is.
I, for one, did not know what a jewfish was until you started this thread. Thanks for the education! :wink:

The UI makes it difficult on mobile. Easier to post and edit. I'm not a grammar nazi though and am not getting paid to post here. I also lack the embarrassment trait... and woke trait... Karen trait... or triggered trait. 🙂
OT: When I had a Microsoft Windows phone, the speech-to-text once wrote out "my butt itches" which was nothing like what I said.

I decided to click send anyway.

If we ever dove together, just note I would view you as nothing more than a pony bottle with feelings.
Epically cold. Funny as crap, but cold.
I decided to click send anyway.
Every now and then it saves face.

Any Jewish divers watching this thread that would prefer for the Goliath Grouper not to be called a jewfish?

Not this one. In no version of the orgin of the name jewfish does the name signify anything derogatory or antisemitic. At least none that I’m aware of. There are bigger fish to fry when snuffing out antisemitism.

Epically cold. Funny as crap, but cold.
He only thinks the pony bottles has feelings. Actually, the pony bottle doesn't have a "I give a crap" trait, so he'll need to look elsewhere for air. :wink:

Not this one. In no version of the orgin of the name jewfish does the name signify anything derogatory or antisemitic. At least none that I’m aware of. There are bigger fish to fry when snuffing out antisemitism.
@tursiops Are you still offended for the Jews now?

That is the problem with this thread and society, people take offense and take stances without a shred of actual knowledge about the subject.

“Names shall not violate the tenets of good taste”

That shows their ignorance. The word Jew is very commonly used in the Jewish community. Descendants of Judah. To say the word is “not in good taste” is antisemitic in and of itself.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

C'mon, guys. Make a little effort to stay OT, and out of each other's faces. If a cleanup ensues, it'll necessarily delete a bunch of good commentary along with the snark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom