Save A Dive Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Dale, maybe that was it. In that case, I would do most dives with "use a port plug (to replace the bad) second stage, and switch to your octo (as a primary) because you have a pony which can be used as a means of redundancy," even if the buddy did not have a pony.

I have a little question about the use of save a dive kit stuff. Both my dive buddy, and myself will wear 40cfu pony's when getting into any kind of diving > 60' (majority of our dives). Now say that you had a failure on your second stage primary. Which of the followings statements is correct when completing one day of diving?

-You would be safe to use a port plug on your second stage, and switch to your octo (as a primary) because you have a pony which can be used as a means of redundancy.

-You your definitely should never dive with only one second stage regulator, even if you have a redundant source like a pony.

Please pick one and explain your thoughts... thanks a ton!!!

I like the first option-Plug it and dive it- the only concern I have is that your octo maybe one of those LPOs or someother slimline breath-like-hell second stages that maybe inadaquate for the depths you are planning.... you wouldnt want to start dives breathing from your octo-inflator.

I do a lot of no-stop spearfishing and dive with either a 13 or 19cf mounted to my main cylinder. I have one 1st and one 2nd per cylinder with the pony's second strung on a necklass. I see no need for an additional octo in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom