Sausages.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey Grier
I did a search on Google for "la salchicha que zambulle" and your sig line was the top two results! LOL (I was actually trying to translate it back to English to see what convoluted meaning it would be)

la salchicha que zambulle translates as "the sausage that dives"

alas, zambullir means to dive, but not scuba dive. to scuba dive is usually bucear, so the correct translation would be:

la salchicha que bucea
(the sausage that scuba dives)
or la salchicha buza (the sausage who is a diver)

but what you mean is la salchicha de buceo (the dive sausage) or la salchicha de emergencia (the emergency sausage or safety sausage).

clear as mud?

then you can do the same with the male form:

el salchichon que zambulle
el salchichon buzo
el salchichon de buceo
el salchichon que bucea
el salchichon de emergencia

and so on

oh, and "chorizo" means the same as male sausage
(salchichon), so they are interchangeable.

In short: waterlogged weiner?

lol check the time... i don't work until 10:00 pm anymore

Hi Jenny,
I did the same search and saw what you were talking about. Gawrsh, I feel kinda famous...

Andy, that was wonderful scholarship, as usual. If you saw the original post, this term came from FreeTranslation.com. In retrospect, I think it best translates as something like, "the salami that dips" or something to that effect idiomatically. I like the poetry of it all, but I may just have to change that gender issue...

And as far as the "waterlogged weiner" goes, there'll be no chance of that until these winds decide to go someplace else.

Brings up a good point, though. Does anybody know of a good web site that has common diving terminology in English and Spanish? I'd like to know the basics, now that I'm a South Florida type.

-Grier

fgray1:
Andy you have way to much time on your hands. I thought I got bored at work. :wink:
Fred
Which leads us nicely back to Jenny, why were you searching about Grier's sig line? Was it all this talk of sausage size in the accidents forum?

H2Andy:
lol check the time... i don't work until 10:00 pm anymore

You WORK??????

When did this happen?

Darn, another one bites the dust. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom