Saudi Arabia's version of Turducken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fuzzmutton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
You know the the Turducken...a Turkey, with some oyster stuffing, then stuffed with a duck, then some corn bread stuffing and then stuffed with a chicken. This must be their version of the Turducken:chef:

Whole Stuffed Camel
In a cookbook called International Cuisine, presented by California Home Economics Teachers, 1983 (ISBN 0-89626-051-8), you will find:
Stuffed Camel
1 whole camel, medium size
1 whole lamb, large size
20 whole chickens, medium size
60 eggs
12 kilos rice
2 kilos pine nuts
2 kilos almonds
1 kilo pistachio nuts
110 gallons water
5 pounds black pepper
Salt to taste

Skin, trim and clean camel (once you get over the hump), lamb and chicken. Boil until tender. Cook rice until fluffy. Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice. Hard boil eggs and peel. Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice. Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens. Add more rice. Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice. Broil over large charcoal pit until brown. Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice. Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts. Serves friendly crowd of 80-100.

Shararazod Eboli Home Economist, Dammam, Saudi Arabia

Wow...and I was a little nervous at the thought of making my own Turducken.

Thanks for the recipe. Just in time for Thanks Giving too. :D

TOM

Your welcome, Tom. The in-laws think we have the same old things on the table every year for Thanksgiving; I was just in search of something new when I came across THIS recipe. I wonder:hm:.....nah! they'd probably want it every year.

Fuzz

I most certainly don't know and before you ask I haven't the foggiest what kind of wine to serve with camel either. You will have to ask Martha Stewart.

I wonder how long it takes to "boil until tender" for the camel?!

I've also heard of Turducken with the chicken then stuffed with a cornish game hen or pheasant with chestnut stuffing. I guess you have to know where to draw the line....as if the turkey, duck, and chicken weren't enough!

Anyone actually tried the Turducken?

melissassm:
I wonder how long it takes to "boil until tender" for the camel?

I think it was "broil", but can you imagine being the one out there turning that camel on a rotesserie over a charcoal pit?:D

"WHEW! My arms are getting tired!"

"Shut up and keep turning, we have 16 more hours before this camel's done!!":letsparty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom