Saturday's (2/7) Maui pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Replacement camera arrived and I am back in the water.

Devil Scorpionfish (about 2 to 3 inches long). If it hadn't of moved when I went by I would have never known it was there.

020704a.jpg

Manual Mode, F6.3 Macro, 1/80, Inon D-180

020704b.jpg

good pic, glad to see you back in the water. So if bad luck come in three's (sharks, waves and floods ... sounds biblical) then you've had your three and can expect some good diving for a while.

thank you sir for sharing with us again. i'm very happy for you that the new camera came in and your able to get wet again.

steve

Gilligan....where was your strobe aimed for this shot? The shadows on the coral and rock the Scorpionfish is sitting on show it pointed back towards the camera. But then there's that area just the the left of his tail that loos like the strobe was aimed toward the left. I'm confused!

Hmmmm, now that you mention it I think the strobe was pointing down on top of the fish and hence the shadow. Thanks for pointing that out. As you can see I'm still an external strobe student. Old habits die hard from the days of the internal strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom