Saturday July 9th - Lake Rawlings VA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd say the vis is running about 20-25ft. 60ft is pretty much about as deep as you'll get in there. We spent the majority of our dives at around the 35ft range this past weekend. Temps were around 68 degrees at that depth and 73 degrees at the surface. You'll want a hood and gloves if you plan to venture into the deeper waters.

Jason

Well I was one of the many at the lake this weekend. Got in 4 good dives on Saturday including a great night dive. Today my high pressure hose decided it wanted to spring a lead between the nut and the metal flange that attaches the nut to the hose so diving today was out. I opted to skindive for about an hour instead.

Anybody know why I've got such a bad headache? I'm just wondering if skindiving would have any negative affect on me after a 12 hr. break from diving. I felt fine when I woke up before I dove so it can't realy be from diving... can it?

Don't know about the medical stuff, I barely can answer the how was the diving question.

Diving was great. Ken got there before the rest of us and sold out and jumped in with some guy who had better toys than we did :D - but he did bring a kick ***** tent so we'll forgive him, so it was Jason and Mark (clean shaven - freaky) buddied together and Greg, Jeff and I for the first dive.

Jason and Mark went over some cave diving drills while Greg and I watched Jeff try out for the summer olympics in speed finning. Man that boy has some fin power. Greg and I would drift along and Jeff would dart to and fro trying to remember how to read his compass. Greg and I never worried about losing him, because the circles he was swimming around himself kept him pretty in check. :D Happy Birthday Jeff! Just remember 270!!!!

Viz was down, but still better than Summersville. Temp at 42 feet was 66 degrees. Have no fear the wheel house is still there. I checked just long enough to let my fin brush the top and then scooted out of there for warmer ground.

Second dive Ken got sold back to us for chump change, I guess his new found buddy found more friends. We were glad to have him back though, he had the pineapple.

All in all it was a great day and I was really glad that we made the trip. Met some other people from SB and hope to see more presence next weekend. I can't wait. See you guys on Friday.

Paula

270 Forever!!! If ya'll see Jeff down there just point him towards the dock. Thanks!

Mrs.Prages:
Don't know about the medical stuff, I barely can answer the how was the diving question.

Diving was great. Ken got there before the rest of us and sold out and jumped in with some guy who had better toys than we did :D - but he did bring a kick ***** tent so we'll forgive him, so it was Jason and Mark (clean shaven - freaky) buddied together and Greg, Jeff and I for the first dive.

Jason and Mark went over some cave diving drills while Greg and I watched Jeff try out for the summer olympics in speed finning. Man that boy has some fin power. Greg and I would drift along and Jeff would dart to and fro trying to remember how to read his compass. Greg and I never worried about losing him, because the circles he was swimming around himself kept him pretty in check. :D Happy Birthday Jeff! Just remember 270!!!!

Viz was down, but still better than Summersville. Temp at 42 feet was 66 degrees. Have no fear the wheel house is still there. I checked just long enough to let my fin brush the top and then scooted out of there for warmer ground.

Second dive Ken got sold back to us for chump change, I guess his new found buddy found more friends. We were glad to have him back though, he had the pineapple.

All in all it was a great day and I was really glad that we made the trip. Met some other people from SB and hope to see more presence next weekend. I can't wait. See you guys on Friday.

Paula

270 Forever!!! If ya'll see Jeff down there just point him towards the dock. Thanks!

ROFL Jeff sounds like me last weekend at Bluestone. Very funny. Jeff, you and I can work on navigation together next Saturday. :D

Paula, we do love Ken for his tent. I'm assuming it is the screened in tent, we certainly could have used that at Nags Head.

suthnbelle:
ROFL Jeff sounds like me last weekend at Bluestone. Very funny. Jeff, you and I can work on navigation together next Saturday. :D

Paula, we do love Ken for his tent. I'm assuming it is the screened in tent, we certainly could have used that at Nags Head.

Mel,
Maybe I can borrow Jason's cave training mask and my uncle Guido can fit me for a pair-o-cement fins... 360 numbers is just too damn many for one circle :)

Oh, you should have seen me last weekend at Bluestone. I was kicking more with my right foot because I was intensely concentrating on that compass (that i didn't have level half the time) and just kept going round and round in circles. Finally I (with bobby's help :D ) figured out what I was doing wrong and got us to the PT boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom