Sardinia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lims

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello divers,,
I'm going to be in Castelsardo, Sardinia Between 1st - 8th of September with my gf.
I've found a few dive centres in the south, but wondered if anyone knew of any nearer in the north west? or dive sights even, any good shore dives? I am primarily a freediver but will be doing some scuba too if i can find a dive centre.

We are hiring a car so does anyone know spots in north west? Or does anyone know how long it takes to drive to the south of the island?
Also what is the water temp in early september? will i be ok snorkeling in a t-shirt?

Thanks people ;-)

Hi, excellent water temperature already start of june, so september will be excellent too.
It's no real problem to travel within one day to the south. There is an very good highway with very little traffic. traveling on secondary roads however takes very much time.
No experience with diving on this island, only rockclimbing. The real diving experience on this island are the caves for divers (not only the coast but especially inland and on the east side). There are some very interesting pits and even very long distance caves which can be explored if you've enough experience. Love to do that but I don't have the experience. there is a book available on this containing all diving caves. don't remember the name but you can buy it in a bookshop in cala gonone.
Very interested in your experiences, because perhaps returning next year. The coast on the east side is one of most beautiful I've every seen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom