SAR fusion specifics + dry gloves options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zamburinha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering a whites fusion as my first drysuit. Looking at the different options I noticed that the SAR version seems to have the left dump valve on the forearm rather than the shoulder like the others. Otherwise the SAR version seems identical (apart from color) from the fusion tech. Is this valve placement an option? Why is it in a different location? Are there other differences between the SAR fusion and the fusion tech?

I am also looking into dryglove mounting systems for this suit. Ideally I would like something that allows me to change the latex (or silicon) seals easily a la zipseal, and mount generic inexpensive drygloves. Recommendations?

All suggestions and comments much appreciated. The world of drysuit options and accessories is pretty daunting if you are a warm water diver trying to figure it all out from internet sources :p

Hello Zamburinha,
The SAR Fusion suit is more on par with the Fusion Bullet material wise. You can get the exhaust valve placed on the bicep as well, if you like. However you can only purchase these suits through an authorized public safety dealer. As for changing seals you could get permanently installed wrist rings in which the seals attach via the inner ring. All you have to do is remove the ring, replace the seal and put the ring back in. If you need better clarification drop me a line 866-652-8556 and we can discuss some options you might be interested in.
Cheers Doug

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I got the impression when reading the specs of the SAR version that it was similar to the tech, but the bullet makes a lot more sense.

I am looking at different dry suit options and trying to understand the rationale behind the different options so I can narrow down my own choice. The fusion is going higher and higher on my list ... people seem to be enthusiastic truly about it!

No worries, if you need any other questions answered to help you narrow things down even farther, feel free to drop me a line anytime......no matter which style you decide, we are sure you will love it. Also the great feature is, down the road if you decide to try another style, all you have to do is get the skin and change it out.
Cheers Doug.

Back
Top Bottom