Santi heated vest - review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ideally you'd want something that doesn't shock/burn you if the wires get exposed.

Yeah, that could become a very "interesting" deco hang ... :wink:

I don't know how some of you are doing multiple/longer cold water dives in just 300g polartec undergarments. I start to get cold in 400g Thinsulate after a few dives in 55F. I'm not a fan of reducing undergarment thickness when adding heat. You can't assume the latter will work, which could lead to real issues for bigger dives.

Heated vests are our next additions. We're also looking at the Santi models.

Thanks for the review; basically cements what we've already been thinking.

I don't know how some of you are doing multiple/longer cold water dives in just 300g polartec undergarments.

Bioprene ... :wink:

Unless moving to NM has changed things for you, I'm guessing this isn't how you do it Henrik.

Nah, it hasn't changed that dramatically :). I rarely get cold though - maybe growing up in a cold climate?

From my experience with anything electrical underwater, I'd be VERY cautious about planning a dive that depended on the vest for safety. For comfort; yes. But I'd have enough gas with me to do a lot more deco if the vest failed on a staged decompression dive where I was counting on being warm to decompress properly.

If you like the Santi vest, wait until you try the heated BZ400. It's awesome :)

It doesn't feel like you are being heated, it just makes it feel like you're diving in warmer water.

Hth
J

Have a link for "the SiTech dry suit inflator valves with the power port-E/O connector built in"? You mention only spending $150 on these. Everything I see from SANTI is way more than that. At this point, it's only the suit penetrator costs that keep me from getting one of these (the vests are reasonable and we have a spare canister with E/O connectors).

Light Monkey sells them with an Apeks valve. I think retail is around $250.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom