Santi E.Space or Dui FLX Extreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozwald

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So it's between these two suits. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated. I dive up here in cold Canadian water and i also take it to Florida Cave country and the Keys. I would take range of motion over durability. I will be getting it custom fit as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I can't comment on the FLX specifically, but I got awful results with my DUI - constantly leaking, extremely poor fit, annoying customer service. Do a search on the internet and you'll find the results on DUI are (at best) very mixed.

HTH

U.

I'm in the process of making a similar decision....anyone who has experience with either/both -- opinions appreciated!

Price points are pretty similar, but at this point, the only one I'll probably get to try on is the DUI. I know DUI has decent customer service with new suits, so I'm hoping the incessantly leaky issues I have with my current (used) suit would not present themselves with a brand new suit, but who knows.

I don't think that you are comparing Apples with Apples.

D.U.I. TLS350 is closest to the SANTI Espace (i've dove both) -
TLS350 Features - Trilaminate material of Nylon / Butyl Rubber / Nylon, Patented QuickZip design, Telescoping torso, crotch strap and suspenders, Zipper guard, Warm neck collar, RockBoot System, Double layer material over knee area,Waist adjustment cord
ESPACE Features - Total weight: 8.82 pounds, Fabric: Cordura/Butylen/Polyester 420gr/sqm, Telescoping torso, Front entry zipper, Apeks valves and inlet valves with "inflator" ending, Two pockets on thighs, neck seals made of insulated latex and 3 mm neoprene, Kevlar® knee pads placed on thin neoprene, HD cone or bottleshape wrist seals, Flexsole Boots, Suspenders Neoprene hood - 7mm thickLow pressure inflator hose

Review:
Close only by outside texture feel. Other than that, Santi is heavier than the D.U.I. (would love to know gr/sqm) and more solid seam construction, better suspenders (attachment wise, construction, design), telescoping torso allows diver to get into without bending head. Santi also doesn't use a waist adjustment cord which tends to fail on the TLS350.

The suit that actually exceeds the FLX Extreme is the SANTI E. Lite (I have owned both). The SANTI E.Lite is made of a unique Rip Stop Nylon/Butylen/Polyester material, with a weight of 450 gr/sqm. Rip-stop nylon is a light-weight nylon fabric with inter-woven ripstop reinforcement threads in a crosshatch pattern. This fabric gives very similar durable condition than Cordura and extra modern appearance. This Dry Suit is equipped with all the features you need for professional, technical and cave diving: a long front- entry waterproof zipper is covered by an additional zip-fastened flap. We offer as a standard model option: two big utility pockets on thighs especially designed for this style, new shape of Kevlar® knee pads. Standard model has also telescoping torso, suspenders with practical pocket for documents/keys and HD seals. E.Lite is equipped with Flex Sole boots.

Compared to the FLX Extreme SANTI is
1. Nicer Material - Stronger and Ripstop is not stretchable but because of how they laid the panels (20yrs in clothing business) the suit actually stretches.
2. Better Seam construction
3. Great Pockets - Easiest to get in and out of and comes equipped with shock cord in it for clipping
4. Awesome Integrated Boots - Turbo soles on steroids. Made of 2,5 mm LOW FLEXIBILITY neoprene finished with nylon jersey fabric inside and polyester outside, Comfortable, Low profile, Extremely flexible, Front and heel parts extra reinforced with thin rubber layer, Extra velcro regulation, Fin Strap Stabilizer, Anti slip sole surface

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom