Santi E.lite vs DUI CLX 450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You made a point about the valve, and i was talking more about cave restrictions. Also talked to a friend of mine that as been diving DUI for over 10 years and he told me his rock boats are less durable then the previous one he had so i made the choice to go with the Santi boots.

What did you think of the pockets? When i first seen one on a diver the pocket seemed refular size to me and didnt really pay attention to them, but you can see on TS&M's picture on here review that they look really big. Butshe seem to be a small gal!

---------- Post added September 23rd, 2013 at 12:01 AM ----------

About you TS? Like the pockets? Any pros and con ?

I'm 6'2" and 180lbs. The Santi pockets are definitely larger than DUI pockets, but not ridiculously so. I like the extra room, and because of the way the flaps are made they lay flat(ish) when empty so are actually a bit more streamline than DUI pockets to some extent.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Santi pockets. They lie flat when empty. They are HUGE when expanded -- I think I could get a 400 foot reel in one of them if I tried! I could surely carry quite a few jump spools without difficulty. The long flap with the stiffener makes it extremely easy to get the pocket open and to know when you have gotten it closed, even with dry gloves. The pockets are one of the nicest things about the suit.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Santi pockets. They lie flat when empty. They are HUGE when expanded -- I think I could get a 400 foot reel in one of them if I tried! I could surely carry quite a few jump spools without difficulty. The long flap with the stiffener makes it extremely easy to get the pocket open and to know when you have gotten it closed, even with dry gloves. The pockets are one of the nicest things about the suit.

I just checked and my 400' reel fit in the pocket easily. Probably could have fit another one in the pocket but it might have been a little tight.

I got a Santi suit a few years ago after diving a scubaforce for several years and DUI before that. Santi is the best trilam suit I have used bar none.

I prefer to dive an O'Three but they make neoprene suits so totally different fit and thermal concept. HOWEVER, that said, I am sure you will NOT be disappointed in a Santi: go for it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom