Santi drysuit how long does it take to ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a screen shot of my order number in the Que from DRIS. Interesting it also had orders from other shops listed. Looked like Santi gave dealers an open window to all production orders.

I just placed an order for e lite, according to dealer it will take somewhere between 6-10 weeks them to ship it.

I just placed an order for e lite, according to dealer it will take somewhere between 6-10 weeks them to ship it.
I wonder if that is just a generic answer from the shop, or an actual timeline quote from Santi?

I wonder if that is just a generic answer from the shop, or an actual timeline quote from Santi?
I believe it is actual, because before order I have been told ten weeks, after the payment done I asked what can be done and dealer asked some time to check with Santi, then come back with an answer which is minimum six maximum ten weeks. I haven’t pushed much hence I am not in rush.

I believe it is actual, because before order I have been told ten weeks, after the payment done I asked what can be done and dealer asked some time to check with Santi, then come back with an answer which is minimum six maximum ten weeks. I haven’t pushed much hence I am not in rush.

Little update on this, as of today suit is ready and tomorrow will shipped to the dealer, as per the dealer he will be shipped out to me before Friday.

Order sent to Santi second week of August and ready to ship fourth week of September so basically six week production period is confirmed, at least in my particular order.

Am relying on the suit just working.
I have some negative history with my first SANTI (There's a long post here someplace) but the replacement suit was excellent and kept me "fairly dry". As an long time Viking guy though, I was used to being completely dry. I just had the plastic zipper replaced a few weeks ago, and the suit is finally perfectly dry. I have a second SANTI, also with a metal zipper, and also dry.

My point is that I think you can be almost certain that the suit will be dry, especially if it has a metal zipper. I'd at least try it on to make sure it fits. Hell, soak in the bathtub if you must.

I have some negative history with my first SANTI (There's a long post here someplace) but the replacement suit was excellent and kept me "fairly dry". As an long time Viking guy though, I was used to being completely dry. I just had the plastic zipper replaced a few weeks ago, and the suit is finally perfectly dry. I have a second SANTI, also with a metal zipper, and also dry.

My point is that I think you can be almost certain that the suit will be dry, especially if it has a metal zipper. I'd at least try it on to make sure it fits. Hell, soak in the bathtub if you must.
I was torn between metal and plastic zipper, I opted metal.

I was torn between metal and plastic zipper, I opted metal.
Metal is less flexible, so a little harder to get done up over your shoulder, especiallly when it's new, but I used to get 700 - 1000 dives on a metal zipper. Plastic... well I've had three. The first two lasted for 30 and 70 dives. The third, about 200. All were replaced under warranty, but they were never really 100% dry.

When I took the last one in to the repair guy, I said "Should we have a chat about plastic vs metal?". He said nope. Then added he'd do a plastic one if I wanted it, but it was a special order and he wouldn't warranty it.

I know the odd person that has had ok luck with plastic, but they are just really flakey.

People in my immediate circle uses DUI(2), Bare, Waterproof, Santi and a Seaskin. Most of them has plastic zipper and there was mixed opinions about it. Hence I am planning to follow the route of “prevention easier than a cure” route, i don’t mind taking care of the brass zipper.

I waited on my Xdeeo Seal SL01 drysuit for good 2 months (also made in Poland). It could have been a bit faster, but there was a stall in the import process.

It was how ever a custom made suit. And looking at the comments, that was super fast turnaround time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom