Santa Rosa/Rock Lake late October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It looks as if we will have a couple people going to Santa Rosa starting October 24. We will be doing some recreational level instruction at the Blue Hole on Saturday and Sunday morning, followed by some diving at Rock Lake, either starting Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. We are tentatively planning to be there all Monday and then do a fairly serious dive Tuesday morning before heading back. The primary goal for the Rock lake portion is to get in some basic level (not trimix) decompression diving. Let me know if you are interested.

IMG_20151027_082347694[1].jpg
Here is a picture from Tuesday, October 27, showing a couple ducks gliding silently across Rock lake.

Diving there Monday and Tuesday could not have been better. The weather topside was as idyllic as the picture makes it seem. We were never too hot with our dry suits on, and we were never too cold with them off. The water temperature was warmer than usual, reading 63°, with no thermocline. The algae bloom from earlier in the fall was totally gone, and visibility was excellent.

We went to the northwest ledge with the crystal formations at 150 foot deep, my first time there in probably 5 years. On another dive we went south, which I almost never do. We spotted a new (to me) crystal cluster at the south end at 122 feet.

It was a really fine couple days of diving.

Back
Top Bottom