Santa Cruz/Bay area wetsuit retailers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can try on Henderson wetsuits in the Santa Cruz area? I know neither ASU or Aqua Safaris (LDS's) carry Hendersons. Any reccomendations of shops to try on Henderson suits in the Santa Cruz area or even the greater Bay area would be helpful. thanks.

I saw you asked this in the other thread also...

So, just so you see it I wanted to post a bit of my other response here...

I recommend that you buy from the LDS that assists you with the trying on aspect, rather than you buying online after you decide what you want....

I think you'll find that the LDS is providing a needed and valuable service by having what you want to try on....

That being said, I've bought online for other items many times.

The hyperstretch is a great suit...I'm sure you'll like it.

Cheers,

Sean

Diver Dan's in Santa Clara and California Dive Center in San Bruno do. Pacific Offshore Divers in San Jose might (they have a link to Henderson's site, and it is the only wetsuit link on the manufacturer's page).

To echo scubasean's point, you might give the LDS a shot at the business...Diver Dan's advertised prices, for example, are only about $50 more than LP, depending on the suit you are looking for - plus you can take that suit home right away instead of having to wait a few days (suppress that drooling) AND ensure you have the right fit. :wink: [DISCLAIMER - I have no affiliation with any of the LDS mentioned]

Poppycock private dive stores have inflated the cost of gear to the point of being ridiculous, personally I'm thrilled we have internet sales to drive prices down to a reasonable level, as should be in a market economy zeN||

zeN|| once bubbled...
Poppycock private dive stores have inflated the cost of gear to the point of being ridiculous, personally I'm thrilled we have internet sales to drive prices down to a reasonable level, as should be in a market economy zeN||

If you're going to buy on the net, do the net thing and check out size charts yourself.

If you're going to go to the LDS, use their fitting room to try on their wetsuit and use the time of their employees and their floor space, don't turn your back and walk out the door and buy online. That's incredibly lame and pathetic.

There is nothing lame about buying online, a reasonable arrangement is buy a suit from your dive shop, and get your fit, and certain items that you are going to maintain thru your dive shop anyway; once you know your fit, then feel free to buy other suits online, diving has been the domain of the middle class and upper crust for years due to inflated costs, I'm thrilled internet sites are selling gear for up to 40% less than you see in the dive shops, and the average person can get into scuba zeN||

Back
Top Bottom