Sanctum (2011)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've watched it. I didn't think it was great, but it wasn't real bad either. If you want some easy entertainment without having to think too much, it might be for you. I didn't quite get why there were so many bubbles when they were on rebreathers though, heh.

Sanctum was the "Jaws" of diving movies ... many inaccuracies and misconceptions for the sake of drama ... I wouldn't waste my time watching it again ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When I watch any movie, I have to disconnect myself from reality. I have found that if I try to watch it as a "real life" scenario, I get pissed off at the inaccuracies in it. Same with any action movie. So with that being said, I enjoyed the movie for pure entertainment value, and do not try to think about it when I watch it.

I believe that several divers on this forum participated in the filming of Sanctum. Hollywood is good for "entertainment." For accuracy, try a BBC production.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

OP won't be re-joining the thread - Sri Lankan Link Spammer - but I've left the thread running, without the spamtastic first post, so that you may continue the discussion.

Worst movie ever. I expect better from James Cameron.

Really? Cause Avatar and Terminator 2 were so great?

Avatar was just Pocahantas in blue and T2 was very overhyped over a few liquid metal effects.

Really? Cause Avatar and Terminator 2 were so great?

Avatar was just Pocahantas in blue and T2 was very overhyped over a few liquid metal effects.

Agree about Avatar (still enjoyed the popcorn entertainment), but I thought T2 had a great storyline with good action, acting, and directing. T2 explored a lot of interesting themes about humanity. The special effects were obviously top notch, but unlike Avatar, they didn't overshadow the storyline.

Back on topic, I have to watch Sanctum soon!

I thought Sanctum was a good movie to watch, just like the Star Trek movies were good too. It was purely for entertainment purposes only. I know several folks that were pissed because the diving aspects of it sucked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom