San MArcos River Clean Up Trashure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm interested. Will there be more information as the event gets closer. (i.e., where the lions club is located to register at, etc. (sorry I'm from from one of those cities of the far north... DFW :wink:

If I missed the details, please redirect me. Thanks

ok just have a "few" questions.... exact location like something I can put in mapquest?? anyone??
closest hotel?? Phaze anything here would help !!

Thanks!!

I'm thinking of coming down for this just need to get someone to cover my pool session for a class on friday night.... will let ya all know as soon as I DO!!

OOPS... M. Freeman must have been typing at the same time I was with questions!!

This could be another "gathering".....

Sounds like a Swamper function in the making!

Me, too...I'd like a mapable address or somewhere to start the planning phase.

Ann...could you give me an idea of the hotels in the area of that part of the river?

I found several Hotels in my Streets and Trips map thingy. These are on I-35 around the intersection of 80.

Red Roof Inn
Rodeway Inn
Microtel Inn
Best Western
Southwest Motor Inn
Days Inn

Surely one of those will work.

Searching San Marcos sites, I found out the Lion's Club meetins in the Activity Center but that doesn't look like the place Ann showed me. So I'll wait to get more pertinent info for a map.

Ok if you are coming in from the North or South on I-35 take the Aquarena Springs Drive exit (Dee same exit you took when you came to my house) go West on Aquarena Springs Dr. toward town. When you get past Bobcat Stadium (College stadium) Look for Charles Austin take a left at the light (only direction you can turn).

As you approach the railroad tracks (about 1/2 block) take a right on Jowers, it will look like you are turning into a alley but it is actually a road by then you should see the signs saying City Park Lions Club tube rental. It is only one way in so just follow the rd. You will dead in into the park parking lot. The registration is behind the tube rental building but there will be a lot of cars so you will be able to find it.

Dee made a list of hotels/motels.

Here is a website that lists most of the hotels in San Marcos

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-479...zIHRleGFzIGhvdGVsBHNlYwNkZC1ob3RlbARzbGsDYWxs

I made an edit to this post because I forgot they changed the name of Bobcat Dr to Charles Austin. When you get past the stadium it will be the first light you come to. Make a left (it is the only way you can turn)

Thanks for the info., I plan to be there.

Anybody have an idea on what time we should all be there?
Registration starts at 9am, I'm trying to figure out if I should drive down Fri. night or Sat. morn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom