San MArcos River Clean Up Trashure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well it wasnt MY idea but i did remember about it in time to post to get a few people to go. But things come up as we all know and we cant control when family decides to surprise visit. i DID tell them that next time they want to surprise me they need to ask if i have planned anything first.

I am hoping to get in Lake travis soon however. with the water temp coming up i can dive without a suit. I HATE WETSUITS.

maybe we can put together a swampers meeting in August or something at lake Travis. Like a REAL treasure hunt.

Phazeshyft:
maybe we can put together a swampers meeting in August or something at lake Travis. Like a REAL treasure hunt.

Do we have to wait until August?!? What about another try at a camping weekend before it gets so bloody hot?

Dee:
Do we have to wait until August?!? What about another try at a camping weekend before it gets so bloody hot?

We did Travis the same weekend on the way back to Dallas. I was in my 5/7 wetsuit and had no problems, even on a 100+ foot dive. The nice thing was I could walk around on the surface without falling over from heat stroke as I took my time putting on and taking off my equipment. Really was perfect weekend to dive.

Great time at San Marcos with everyone. It was fun to meet a few of the people from the group.

Microxot:
I had a fun morning. I want to thank the local dive shop for opening up for me to buy a new mask. It saved my weekend of diving!

This was my first experience in the San Marcos river. I never expected so much jungle like enviornment. Between the current and the plants, it was really a challange to get to the riverbed to pick up trash.

It was also nice to meet other people. I hope to see many of you again soon.

Burleigh

I wish I had realized you were looking for a mask. Spare masks & regs are always in my save-a-dive kit. I remember your asking directions but didn't hear why. WTH, everyone should have at least 2 masks.

awap:
I wish I had realized you were looking for a mask. Spare masks & regs are always in my save-a-dive kit. I remember your asking directions but didn't hear why. WTH, everyone should have at least 2 masks.

HI Gary, if I remember right...I think he lost it when we were all messing around the dam at the pickup point at the end of the dive in the river.

Since they were going to go to Lake Travis on Sunday I guess he figured he better get a mask...

Ann

We dont have to wait for anything. I would like to get in the water soon. havent been since October i think. Maybe we should plan a camping trip to lake travis at the Dam for ...say...last weekend in May?

Back
Top Bottom