San Francisco Visitor 01-07 December 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm particular to Seven Seas. Friendly crew, big steel tanks, and soft weights (if you actually prefer those).
Plus they're holding a scavenger hunt. If you find one of four marked orange soft weights at breakwater, you get a gift card.

Seven Seas Scuba is the same dive shop that I had rented from a few years ago and I seem to recall that they had larger steel tanks and were very friendly to deal with. I'm now planning to drive down there on Sunday, 01 December afternoon and renting 2 tanks for the week. I'd like to dive the Breakwater first so I'll keep my eyes open for the orange weights!

Since Monday is a conference travel day, I'm now thinking of driving to Lake Tahoe for the day to do two shore dives at Sand Harbor and Cave Rock as I have never dove in Nevada before. Apparently I'll need to bring a dive flag for diving in Nevada.

Friday is similarly a travel day but since I decided to fly back on Saturday (12/07) late afternoon, I'm thinking of diving Point Lobos in Monterey.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:
Happy to say that I ended my week with two wonderful dives today at Point Lobos State Reserve in Carmel as arranged through Seven Seas Scuba. We saw two leopard sharks on the first dive at hole-in-the-wall and an octopus and sea lion (that buzzed around us) on the second dive at the middle reef. Huge kelp were found throughout both dives. What a wonderful day underwater indeed!

Back
Top Bottom