San Francisco Rebreather Review Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt Bowen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
San Francisco – San Jose – San Carlos
Rebreather Review and Experience Course

February 26th, 2006

Advanced Diver Magazine www.advanceddivermagazine.com and Wallin’s Dive Center of San Carlos, California www.wallins.com are hosting a Rebreather Review and Experience course.

During the first half of the course, representatives from 3 different rebreather manufacturers will be showing, discussing, and answering questions about their rebreather models.

The manufacturer and a representative from Jetsam Technologies, the designers of the KISS Classic and KISS Sport will go over the design and functions of their units.

www.jetsam.ca

Representative from Diverite, the manufacturer of the Optima CCR will go over its design and functions.

www.diverite.com

Silent Diving Systems will be going over the Inspiration CCR and the Evolution CCR.

www.silentdiving.com

In the afternoon, under the observation of an instructor you will have the opportunity to try on and dive with each unit in the Wallin’s Dive Center’s heated swimming pool.

Course fee is only $55.00 and includes

A one year free subscription to Advanced Diver Magazine ($25.00 value)
Lunch and soft drinks ($8:00 value)
Study materials
Instructor fees

For more information and to register please go to

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com

This course is limited to 35 attendants and will be held on a first register basis.

Curt Bowen
Publisher / Owner Advanced Diver Magazine

Hi Curt,

I've been looking recently at getting into the rebreather thing and had heard from a buddy about the classes that you have been setting up. I figured the best place to get some answers is at some of these forums!

It seems like a great event and a good opportunity, but does everyone really get a chance to actually try these uits on and get wet? Anyone out there who has actually attended any of these events have any feed back?

Also, I would love to hear some commenets from anyone who has attended that didn't have any prior rereather experience. As I am a complete novice to rebreathers I am not certain which way I should go and would appreciate any help I can get. :)

For you guys just the pool according to the info page, but have a look at the fun to be had at the CCR tryout at Ginnie Springs. :wink:

I went to the Rebreather Experience in Tampa, Florida with Curt Bowen and representatives of Kiss and Megalodon several months ago. I was a semi-closed rebreather diver and instructor but had no CCR experience. I thought it was an outstanding course with a lot of information. I did not do the pool session as I had another commitment but I heard that was great as well. As a result of the course I decided that the Sport Kiss was the unit for me. I've now purchased one, gotten trained on the unit, and have logged about 20 hours of CCR diving. I would highly recommend the course to you!!!

Curt is off diving for a week or so, so I thought that I would answer your questions. If you come to the San Francisco Rebreather event, I will be one of the speakers for Jetsam and the KISS rebreathers.

Yes, everyone will get a chance to try at least one of the KISS rebreathers, if not both. Due to time constraints, we can't promise that there will be an opportunity to try both. In general with past presentations, divers have had about 10 to 15 minutes on one of the KISS rebreathers. You will also have a chance to try the other guys rebreathers, as well :)..but, being biased, i think ours are the best! Actual in water time depends on how many attendees we get.

during the classroom session at the beginning of the day, the goal is to educate divers and explain what closed circuit diving is, how the equipment works, what the benifits are over open circuit diving, and what the differences are. Once we cover that, then we go into what the KISS rebreathers are all about, and following that the other manufacturers discuss their units.

If you have even a slight interest in closed circuit diving, i highly recommend this event. It is good value for the money and it's tons of fun!!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Kim Smith
www.jetsam.ca

I highly recommend Rebreather Intros to anyone with an intrest in rebreathers.
You'll learn a lot, get some first hand experience and it's fun.
Even better if you can dive several units side by side.
I tried the Inspiration, PRISM and MK16, as well as the Dolphin with EA cartridge.
Would like to try the Sport Kiss and O2ptima ... especially the little Kiss.
If you have any chance of going go, you won't regret it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom