San Diego diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank You everyone for your advice.
I ended up doing a couple of dives at the Yukon wreck. So glad the Marissa (boat) went out on a Thursday. The vis was about 30-40' according to the divers on the boat. I did not trust my compass near the huge metal wreck but did have any problem navigating with the good vis.
The crowd on the boat was very lively. Never seen so many divers wearing Mantaray APS dive fins on a single dive.

Gotta love those fins! They are made here - we see John all the time at events and shops....

Gotta love those fins! They are made here - we see John all the time at events and shops....
I had the pleasure to meet John too and his buddies. I miss San Diego.

Lots of Garibaldis and Lobsters to see in the cove, snorkling. Mubin is so pro-fesh-ee-nal!

Lots of Garibaldis and Lobsters to see in the cove, snorkling. Mubin is so pro-fesh-ee-nal!

Great time of yr to dive La Jolla from the Kelp all the way around Hospital point / Cove to the shores..just a matter of time before the squid start laying eggs in the canyon.

Going to be in San Diego the week after Christmas. Can anyone suggest any good diving? I was in the Navy back in the 90's and lived in San Diego. Alway saw divers at La Jolla Cove and alway wanted to dive it. Now I will be bring my gear down from Portland and hopefully I will get that chance. Also, is there anyone who might like to go out and dive when I am there?

I'd love to go but I am going to be out of town over the Holidays.

As far as reccomendations I would suggest probably the shores (Vallecitos Point, Canyon, etc). I had a great dive around the point a couple of weeks ago. There is really a lot of life around there this time of year.

Going to be in San Diego the week after Christmas. Can anyone suggest any good diving? I was in the Navy back in the 90's and lived in San Diego. Alway saw divers at La Jolla Cove and alway wanted to dive it. Now I will be bring my gear down from Portland and hopefully I will get that chance. Also, is there anyone who might like to go out and dive when I am there?

I have just scheduled trips on Mon Dec 28th and Tues 29th on the Humboldt of Waterhorse Charters. They put the trips on for our group that is driving down from Central California. So we already have the minimum number of divers so the trip will be running. Mon will be a 3 tank Cornado dive and Tues will be a 2 tank Wreck Alley trip. Just FYI. Go to waterhorsecharters.com if you want more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom