San Diego Boat Dive to the Coronado's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got off the phone with Dive Connections and they state that boat is still slated to go tomorrow morning as scheduled. I know that skipper tomorrow and he's been running boats for a long time so we will be in good hands.

That said!! IF the swell is pummelling the channel and we end up turning around, what's the plan? Breakfast at Ortega's??

Terry

Those of you coming down from the far north may want to call DCI in the AM and get the latest word. Their number is 619-523-9282.

See those of you who are bold and true in the morning.

Terry

divinman:
See those of you who are bold and true in the morning.

That is a nice way to put it.

See you tomorrow!

wrinkles:
I am so excited.....although i am prone to sea sickness

ewww

A Dive Goddess doesn't get sea sick, she merely offers her bounty to the sea (then daintily dabs her red lips with a tissue). All in a days work for a Dive Goddess it seems. :wink: Don't forget to wave to the 'lil fishies as we cruise by, they so love the adoration of the Goddesses. They may jump out of the water for joy, when they find out we have a boat full of them. I'm quite giddy myself actually.

I'll be there early AM, ready to board the boat and dive!

John-Boy

Could we ask for a better weather forcaste?

Rest of today. Mostly cloudy. Isolated drizzle. Patchy fog. Highs 60 to 66. Light winds. Becoming southwest 15 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight. Showers likely. Lows 46 to 52. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of measurable precipitation 60 percent.

Sunday. Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Highs 59 to 65. West winds around 15 mph. Chance of measurable precipitation 20 percent.

YES we could.

pasley:
Could we ask for a better weather forcaste?

YES we could.

Oh, I don't know. We have a pretty good track record diving in inclimate weather. :eyebrow: If we have as much fun on tomorrows dive as we had in Laguna, I'll probably pop a gasket in sheer joy, and end up shooting out over the ocean, darting around like a bat on crystal-meth, while whistle'n like a tea kettle. :wink: But hey, that's why I always bring a safety sausage with me on every dive. That 'ol Boy Scout training never fails me!

Johnny (Bold & True)

Ana,

PLEASE remember to bring your seasickness meds!!

We dont want to see you anything less than goddess-like... although Krowsea did put that very nicely!

Jennifer

sapphire:
Ana,

PLEASE remember to bring your seasickness meds!!

Jennifer

And, as Terry mentioned, take it the night before and at least an hour before departure.

John-Boy

Sorry the trip was cancelled! I really was looking forward to a great day at the Coronados! The weather was nice, but the swells too big for their itty bitty boat!
I hope you will consider comming down again to try 1 more time! Anyway, I thank
you for driving down, and hope to see you all next time!!

divebuddysean:
Sorry the trip was cancelled! I really was looking forward to a great day at the Coronados! The weather was nice, but the swells too big for their itty bitty boat!
I hope you will consider comming down again to try 1 more time! Anyway, I thank
you for driving down, and hope to see you all next time!!

We were sorry too, but not enough to NOT go and try the Yukon (Puke-on) and the RubyE... Terry's trip report in the November Trip Reports thread was right on the money!

However, we WILL have to find another place to overnight, as the place we were was KINDA scary :11: !!

jennifer

Back
Top Bottom