San Carlos Beach, Monterey CA, (The Barge)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got a chance to dive my new Canon HD camera with wide angle lens. If you have a high internet connection enjoy the video in 1080p... If not, just sit back and watch it at 380p...

The Barge is an amazing small footprint of life in the middle of boat traffic. You need to visit this site if you have been diving Break Water and you think you have seen it all... :shocked2:

[youtubehq]mwh3lHhUsBU[/youtubehq]

hey Mike did you use some kind of filters or post processing? my colors are always green :)

That's neat, haven't been out there so that'll be the agenda next trip out there; have yet to see the Metridium Fields too. Thanks for sharing!

hey Mike did you use some kind of filters or post processing? my colors are always green :)

Andrew,

I use a Red-filter that I purchase for my wide angle lens. I also use white balance on my camera along with the filter to get this spectacular look. Vassil and I were amazed at how we appear to be diving the tropics even though the water is much greener.

Hope this helps out.... By the way did you get a chance to see my website?

Which canon camera and housing did you use?

I got the recently released Canon Power Shot Elph 300 HS with ikelite houseing, ikelite wide angle lens and ikelite red filter... This camera is one of the smallest HD cameras out on the market...

Hope that helps out...

I got a chance to dive my new Canon HD camera with wide angle lens. If you have a high internet connection enjoy the video in 1080p... If not, just sit back and watch it at 380p...

The Barge is an amazing small footprint of life in the middle of boat traffic. You need to visit this site if you have been diving Break Water and you think you have seen it all... :shocked2:

[youtubehq]mwh3lHhUsBU[/youtubehq]

You certainly had some great vis, Mike. I think I've only seen it that nice two or three times.

Guy

You certainly had some great vis, Mike. I think I've only seen it that nice two or three times.

Guy

Guy,

Yes I did luck out because on the wall, the viz was not nearly as nice and as we headed home alongside the wall, the viz got worse. I don't know if it was open water new divers or just surge and debris?

We dove later in the day so I might suspect end of the day might have not as great viz as early morning as far as open water divers.

But overall, I was happy to have captured the video in HD on a good day to promote the site. It's a diamond in the rough if you ask me. I find that it's like a treasure in the middle of all this sand.

Also it feels like a true exploration and makes you use all your senses as this site is dangerous for boat traffic and getting lost if viz turns bad all of a sudden.

This marks like the 6th time I have gotten the pleasure of following other divers to the site. So the video is for them... :wink: Thanks to my partner Vassili for finding it.

Cool video, the color and the viz is outstanding. I have to figure out the color thing. My green water filter works great but only in the shallows.

Dude you lost me after the first 2 mins.... I think you could have shortened it a bit and leave the directors cut for those who are craving more...

PS Don't skimp on stowing the light cord... it'll be one more bad habit you'll have to unlearn later on.

PPS That's not a Metridium (11:12)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom