San Carlos Beach, Monterey CA, (The Barge)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This marks like the 6th time I have gotten the pleasure of following other divers to the site. So the video is for them... :wink: Thanks to my partner Vassili for finding it.

No problem, next time you see foliage on my manifold please take it off. :)

Dude you lost me after the first 2 mins.... I think you could have shortened it a bit and leave the directors cut for those who are craving more...

PS Don't skimp on stowing the light cord... it'll be one more bad habit you'll have to unlearn later on.

PPS That's not a Metridium (11:12)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for dropping in on my thread and making some observations. I haven't been in the water in quite some time, lots of things have been on my plate but having said that I will take your points of constructive critique.

Yes I know it's not a metridium but it reminded me of lone metridium at Lobos, but it's an anenome.

I don't remember, but are you suppose to stow the light cord when you hang it from the butt? It was only there temporarily as I went back to it in less than 1 minute?

Oh, regarding the shortening of HD video, this is my first post and editing of a HD video. So I will learn the program better to make edits that I would have taken out, remember I don't work for Light and Magic Lucas Arts Films... :)

Was there anything you liked about the video? :D

Hey Mike...I noticed you gave credit to GUE. What courses did you take and who was your teacher?

I took Fundies in a set of doubles... Rob and Susan were my instructors and I highly recommend them... :wink:

Mike, I know I am getting way off topic here but I am very curious about fundies. Do you dive doubles without going into deco? Does fundies teach deco? I know in the PADI world you have to do tec 40 to cover doubles.deco.

Mike, I know I am getting way off topic here but I am very curious about fundies. Do you dive doubles without going into deco? Does fundies teach deco? I know in the PADI world you have to do tec 40 to cover doubles.deco.

Bsteg,

You can see details regarding fundies here.

Fundies can be taken either in single tanks or double tanks. The ascent technique and deco that are taught in Fundies are in the context of recreational diving.

You should contact the local GUE instructors to discuss your diving related objectives. There are a couple of different class options to choose from - each one designed to meet slightly different needs. For example some people take the GUE primer prior to taking Fundies.

Bsteg,

You can see details regarding fundies here.

Fundies can be taken either in single tanks or double tanks. The ascent technique and deco that are taught in Fundies are in the context of recreational diving.

You should contact the local GUE instructors to discuss your diving related objectives. There are a couple of different class options to choose from - each one designed to meet slightly different needs. For example some people take the GUE primer prior to taking Fundies.

Thanks Adobo.... :D

Casey,

That was shot last Sunday with Vassili at the helm. We are diving tomorrow at the BW, hopefully the Barge again. I might try to get video of us dropping off the rocks, finding the line and then tieing off on the line.

But I would like to get some up close better view of what's in the cracks and crevices if possible. We stayed on the Barge with only one circle and could've made two slow circles.

I was diving some new equipment so I kept it conservative. Now that I now my consumption rate I will want to circle runs on the Barge, might find something not yet put on film.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom