SALVO REBEL LED's are here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can the soft handle on the 12W light be replaced with a solid Goodman handle? It looks like the soft handle would make it harder to quickly pass the light to the right hand for a temporary grip.

Can the soft handle on the 12W light be replaced with a solid Goodman handle? It looks like the soft handle would make it harder to quickly pass the light to the right hand for a temporary grip.

At the risk of speaking for Barry, I'd say Yes. It's been available for all of his previous lights, so I see no reason why things would suddenly change with the new LED lights.

I spoke to Salvo yesterday and the lady said that the 12W lights have been flying out the door. More are expected shortly.

Update: They have them and mine is shipping tomorrow. I'm such a gear junky!

I'm really interested in seeing the sale/street price on these. I'm coming into the market for a can light, and am choosing between the various new/used 10w and equivalent options out there...

I'm really interested in seeing the sale/street price on these. I'm coming into the market for a can light, and am choosing between the various new/used 10w and equivalent options out there...

PM Hunter991. Brent should be able to help.

I was told the that you couldn't put a goodman hard handle on the LED 12w as you turn the head to turn it on. That's why I might go ahead and get the 10w adjustable.

I asked Barry about having a Goodman on the 12W LED at BTS, and he was like whywhywhywhy... The way he was shaking his head when he said that "everything can be done" was like he really didn't wanna do it butbutbutbut... he would not admit that he could not do it :)

I asked Barry about having a Goodman on the 12W LED at BTS, and he was like whywhywhywhy... The way he was shaking his head when he said that "everything can be done" was like he really didn't wanna do it butbutbutbut... he would not admit that he could not do it :)

Interesting. I've heard that the hard goodman was preferable for a number of reasons, particularly ease of thumbing the light and stability of the beam while donned. I've never really heard people talk about any advantages of a soft handle before.

Interesting. I've heard that the hard goodman was preferable for a number of reasons, particularly ease of thumbing the light and stability of the beam while donned. I've never really heard people talk about any advantages of a soft handle before.

Apparently they're somewhat popular in Florida. When I recently talked to DiveRiteExpress about needing a hard goodman for my 10w light, they didn't understand why I would ever want to take the light off my hand. :shakehead:

I strongly dislike soft goodman's. I often change hand position slightly within the handle... which wouldn't be possible without the hard handle. And, of course, I swap hands (temp hold) when venting my wing. Not to mention the whole over/under issue with the light cord.

I get that they're comfortable (less of an issue with thick gloves), but I can't understand why anyone other than a rec diver would want the soft goodman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom