Saltwater issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's just the relative newness of diving in salt water for you. After a few more dives I highly doubt that you will feel the same way.

Sometimes it's possible to feel some sickness after a day of excitement (even if it's pleasant at the time) along with the taste of salt water on your lips.

Before I learned to dive I used to snorkle in Hawaii on vacations every chance I got. I would take a large water bottle with me and wash off my face in between "dives" along with drinking it. Before doing that I would eventually feel a little quezy. After a while I didn't really need to wash my face off as I just got used to it.

Salt water is a different environment and takes some getting used to. Adding to Walter's suggestion I've found that Red Hot's seem soothing for some reason on a dive boat.

I take Dramamine as a precaution on every boat trip but now it probably isn't necessary. In the beginning it definitely was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom