Salt Cay Comments anyone???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking about Salt Cay as a possible destination for April. Looking for feedback from those who've been there. Land based, not live aboard. Thanks in advance

My wife & I spent our honeymoon there and enjoyed it a lot. There is NOTHING to do there except dive, snorkel & swim. The reefs are healthy and the dive op (there was only 1) was relaxed and professional. The Island has virtually no cars; people use golf carts to get around. There was 1 nice restaurant (name forgotten) and a hotel bar where one can meet the locals. I would go back. In fact, we are planning to.

It has been three years since I have been there but I would return in a heartbeat. We stayed there three times and I am ready to go again. It is quiet there without travel by bicyle or foot. A Good place to escape and dive too.

Alex & Ron,
Thanks for the info... sounds like its right up my alley.

Break it up into two trips. Do Grand Turk for a few days (quick boat ride away) and then do Salt Cay. On GT, dive with Smitty (Grand Turk Divers) or Oasis (ask for Dale..she'll hook you up)
Personally, I think GT has a better wall but SC is very peaceful. Go hang out at Green Flash and Island Thyme (on SC owned by Porter) and on GT...dine at Sandbar, Bohio and Osprey. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom