Sales Pitch???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiderider

Reaction score
I recently purchased some used dive gear. And about to take my ow class. I felt I got a great deal. The local dive shop owner says my conshelf se2`s are only sold to military now,so rebuilding them cost about twice as much to get parts. True? Or just trying to sway me into getting new regulator??? I got two usdivers BC`s,in great shape,the usdivers primary and secondary,with octo,dive knife,tons of weight,two belts,three lights,and more....:) 500.00 U.S...

He is right the regs are not sold to the general public much, however there are still lots of these regs in civilian hands, so parts should not be all that much different cost wise. The shop I worked at saw tons of them coming in for annual service.

He is right the regs are not sold to the general public much, however there are still lots of these regs in civilian hands, so parts should not be all that much different cost wise. The shop I worked at saw tons of them coming in for annual service.

But if they're not sold to public, then it's accurate to say parts aren't easy to get. Just because they're lots in civilian hands doesn't equate to parts accessibility without buying whole regs.

Ya but it does give manufacturers incentive to make parts available (demand).

First time used this site for this format. One of the things I like about diving is the learning process! Thanks for the feed back!

TR,
Go to this subforum and ask the question again. Someone there will be able to tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your reg (along with pictures and amusing personal ancedotes): Vintage Equipment Diving - ScubaBoard

Back
Top Bottom