Sakonnet Point RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't go I was waiting for better conditions. Now I don't know. I've got 3 full 72s and then I'm out of air and no way to get anymore until the shut down is lifted, I think.

I'm not in New England at the moment waiting things out.

I didn't go I was waiting for better conditions. Now I don't know. I've got 3 full 72s and then I'm out of air and no way to get anymore until the shut down is lifted, I think.

I think if you call around you might be able to make a "by appointment" dropoff & pickup.

Red is doing by appointment drop offs for fills. Call ahead, you need to be wearing gloves and mask when you drop off. Of coarse the real question as of right now is, will things change again and he won't be able to get them back to you? Eh, anything is possible but it seems worth the risk.

By the way, how are things?

Erik

Red is doing by appointment drop offs for fills. Call ahead, you need to be wearing gloves and mask when you drop off. Of coarse the real question as of right now is, will things change again and he won't be able to get them back to you? Eh, anything is possible but it seems worth the risk.

By the way, how are things?

Erik

Hi Erik, things are ok, other than there's nowhere to go! Even the dog park is closed and there is plenty of room there. :( Things well with you? You must have your free pass as an essential employee.
I was thinking that Firex might still be open? They seem like an essential business to me. When I'm ready I'll probably give Red a call, unless I want to get out take a ride along the ocean! Stay well the water is warming up and there ain't no witchy executive order that's keeping me out of the water, so if you're of the same mindset be ready and be healthy! :)

I could be interested in diving there, so I’ll just leave this here to see updates on the post. Similar dilemma with tanks. Two 100s, one full one half - both need hydro by June. Need to dive them so air doesn’t go to waste. One full 80. Would like to see a reliable tautog site. They are rare at Cape Ann.

I could be interested in diving there, so I’ll just leave this here to see updates on the post. Similar dilemma with tanks. Two 100s, one full one half - both need hydro by June. Need to dive them so air doesn’t go to waste. One full 80. Would like to see a reliable tautog site. They are rare at Cape Ann.

We have tons of Tog here in RI, find a site with rocks and current you'll find togs. If you have a boat, rib or yak there are countless sites off the Newport shore, Gooseberry Island being the best. There's a few of those GI Togs!
PICT0043.JPG

I'll let you know when I'm diving it, it'll be short notice when the weather window opens. I'm looking for a couple of calm days pre-dive and a third on dive day with the corresponding incoming tide to slack around noon so the sun is high and the light is good; and so I don't have to kick too much.

We have tons of Tog here in RI, find a site with rocks and current you'll find togs. If you have a boat, rib or yak there are countless sites off the Newport shore, Gooseberry Island being the best. There's a few of those GI Togs!
View attachment 578818

I'll let you know when I'm diving it, it'll be short notice when the weather window opens. I'm looking for a couple of calm days per-dive and a third on dive day with the corresponding incoming tide to slack around noon so the sun is high and the light is good; and so I don't have to kick too much.

Upon reading some news today, this won’t be happening any time this month for sure. Last thing I need is to face some charges: No time to golf; 3 Mass. men charged with violating quarantine to golf in R.I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom