Safety Sausage on a BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

devices...they add expense and unnecessary complexity.

I prefer a manually deployable SMB. You can inflate it as needed, wave it for a higher degree of detectablility, and easily stow it after use.

Avoid the gimmicks the industry throws out to separate you from your money.

CaveDiver once bubbled....

IF he had some sort of bolt snap on his cameras, he could have secured them to his harness without being in danger of dropping them and left his hands free to deploy signal device.

That was the first thing I though about when I watched it. No way I'd be taking that kind of equipment and not have a way to clip it off.

On topic, though. Just doesn't look like something I'd want. I try to keep as much stuff off my BC as I can . Just my opinion.

raybo once bubbled...
That was the first thing I though about when I watched it. No way I'd be taking that kind of equipment and not have a way to clip it off.
Yeah, but there isn't nearly as much money to be made selling bolt snaps as some gadget that might become the next must have goodie to show off to all your friends.

A manual safety sausage is easy to store, easy to deploy and easy to roll up and store once you've been sighted. I have seen a lift bag used to mark divers at their safety stop in open water and it was very effective. If you surface though, and you haven't been spotted, the taller safety sauage improves your chances of being spotted by the boat.

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom