Saddle mount DPV???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gearbow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is there another option for hands free DPV operation other than what i currently own which is the Pegasus Thruster? The Pegasus is great for hands free filming but it's power is a little limited. I find the Pegasus a little top heavy and not suitable for cave exploration. I was thinking perhaps the Tulsa SAV-7 EVO3?

the
imagefly.jpg
download (3).jpg

Are people seriously still using those?
Echo. If you need to shoot video while scootering, find a manner or mount to mount it on the scooter. Neither of the above are appropriate for cave diving.

The Tusa scooter is powerful and hands free, what is wrong with that scooter?
The prop is behind you. That’s a big one. Something as simple as a little bit of line peaking out of your pocket is going to get sucked in. Runaways are tough to deal with. Incredibly hard to tow a buddy. Likewise with towing a 2nd scooter. Body English to steer is not an efficient way to pilot a scooter.

Seek. Proper. Training.

The prop is behind you. That’s a big one. Something as simple as a little bit of line peaking out of your pocket is going to get sucked in. Runaways are tough to deal with. Incredibly hard to tow a buddy. Likewise with towing a 2nd scooter. Body English to steer is not an efficient way to pilot a scooter.

Seek. Proper. Training.
It's part of PADI's new dpv cave class.

The old school uv18/26 can go hands free temporarily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom