Sad day for Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First visit to Bonaire in 2018 my wife and I stayed at Divi and frequently walked over to the Carib Inn and chatted with Bruce for hours. We later found out from other divers that Bruce was the go to guy for anything scuba on the island, particularly if you were having issues. We are so sad to hear this news and send our condolences to the Bowker family. RIP Bruce and dive well into the heavens!

Similar fond memories of Bruce. My computer flooded and the shop where I was staying said, "Sorry, it's dead. Rent another one from us" I had a back-up but my primary also was my SPG. Went to Bruce, he cleaned it out, got it working perfectly and only charged me for a new battery. We chatted for a while then I bought lots of T-Shirts, hats, etc., from his store for folks in our group. What a truly nice human being.

I am a Scubapro and Henderson fan and always made a point on holding off on major new purchases until heading down to Bonaire and dealing with Bruce. Same goes for service. He was totally honest, fair priced and never tried to oversell you.
As others have pointed out, if you came in with a piece of broken gear, he would bend over backwards to make sure it was fixed and ready for the next day's diving.

What sad news. Bruce was selfless, and a class act.

I just saw him last November, when he and the rest of the great team at Carib helped me with an equipment issue. Condolences to Lynne and everyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom