SAC Rate

What is your Average SAC rate in your last 5 dives?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice bell-shaped curve (normal Gaussian distribution) around the median of 0.41-0.50 cu ft/min, as you would expect.

I just returned from T&C and for 13 wall dives in warm water, good visibility, no surprises (well a few of the sharks were a surprise), I had a SAC of just a shade under 0.4 cu ft/min. That's about as good as I ever do aside from a no work drift. On the other hand, stress (temperature, visibility, problems and surprises) and/or workload, can easily raise that by a factor of 2 or even 3 for me.

Good diving, Craig

My SAC rate varies very little, if at all, between warm and cold water. What impacts it noticeably is stress -- This weekend, diving with new divers with poor buoyancy control and in poor viz, it was 30% higher than normal. Running a reel sucks gas, too.

Amen,

I don't even like to think about my consumption rates when I'm chasing several students in dark, murky Texas lakes.

Amen,

I don't even like to think about my consumption rates when I'm chasing several students in dark, murky Texas lakes.
Still gonna be far lower than theirs anyways..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom