SAC Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
Wow! I dove an AL80 on the Spiegel-Grove, and made a 40-minute dive, deco stops included, and got back on the boat with 600 psi left in the tank. A couple of months ago, I would have only been able to make a 20-minute dive on a steel 100. LOL

Why did you have deco stops with a single al80?

Fish_Whisperer:
Not at all. What are you trying to say? Everyone that dove the Spiegel-Grove was diving a single AL80, and everyone made several deco stops.
Semantics, I suspect ... in some circles, every dive is a deco dive, and every (non-mandatory) safety stop is referred to as a deco stop.

In other circles, those terms are used strictly when discussing dives where no-decompression limits are exceeded (a practice generally discouraged for recreational divers) and deco stops refer strictly to stops that are required due to imposed ceilings.

Exceeding no-deco limits with an AL80 is a fairly dangerous thing to do, as in order to do so you would not be leaving yourself very much gas to do your required deco stops ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Soggy:
Do you have any decompression training?

Are you saying that you've never learned how to make a safety stop? Are you saying that you never use dive tables? Are you saying that in your OW/AOW classes, you weren't taught how to do safety stops or proper deco-stops? I'm really just about done with discussing this. Apparently, you're trying to make some point at my expense, while not just coming right out and stating things plainly. I'm not going to play verbal hide-&-seek with you. Communicate clearly so that we can have a discussion, or else forget it.

NWGratefulDiver:
Semantics, I suspect ... in some circles, every dive is a deco dive, and every (non-mandatory) safety stop is referred to as a deco stop.

In other circles, those terms are used strictly when discussing dives where no-decompression limits are exceeded (a practice generally discouraged for recreational divers) and deco stops refer strictly to stops that are required due to imposed ceilings.

Exceeding no-deco limits with an AL80 is a fairly dangerous thing to do, as in order to do so you would not be leaving yourself very much gas to do your required deco stops ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Okay. Thanks for the clarification, Bob. We planned the dive according the "Rule of Thirds."

Fish_Whisperer:
Apparently, you're trying to make some point at my expense, while not just coming right out and stating things plainly. I'm not going to play verbal hide-&-seek with you. Communicate clearly so that we can have a discussion, or else forget it.

That is how the scuba police operate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom