Sabor Wyndham Cozumel - anyone stayed there lately - opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skinsfan1311

Contributor
Reaction score
We're seriously considering staying here in late August.

There will be 6-8 of us, but only 2 divers. We have to have an AI, due to the non-divers. We'll be booking the dives on our own.

I found pricing of $1,170.00 pp for a week. That includes airfare out of BWI, transfers to and from the resort, all taxes and fees.

Any opinions, suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

We're seriously considering staying here in late August.

There will be 6-8 of us, but only 2 divers. We have to have an AI, due to the non-divers. We'll be booking the dives on our own.

I found pricing of $1,170.00 pp for a week. That includes airfare out of BWI, transfers to and from the resort, all taxes and fees.

Any opinions, suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Go to Orbitz, click on deals, click on hotel plus car. Enter promotional code 200entertain for that time of year Sabor is $800 for 2. You can book your air separate for about $300. Having the car will take care of your transfers if you decline the insurance the only fee you will have to pay is the $21.00 airport fee. We were in Coz in February and stayed at the Wyndham. They also offer ocean view rooms at the Wyndham, for $600 for 2. Personally I would do that one. Your about 30 foot from the ocean. Sabor is set way back about 200 yards from the water.

Mark

Last edited:
Go to Orbitz, click on deals, click on hotel plus car. Enter promotional code 200entertain for that time of year Sabor is $400 for 2. You can book your air separate for about $300. Having the car will take care of your transfers if you decline the insurance the only fee you will have to pay is the $21.00 airport fee. We were in Coz in February and stayed at the Wyndham. They also offer ocean view rooms at the Wyndham, for $600 for 2. Personally I would do that one. Your about 30 foot from the ocean. Sabor is set way back about 200 yards from the water.

Mark

Thank you very much!!

I was under the impression that the rooms and grounds were nicer, at the Sabor. That is based, however, on what I've read on Trip Advisor, yahoo, etc.

I looked at Orbitz for 8/21-28 and got $1,132 for 2 with Ocean View room using the $200 off coupon. Don't pay their $35 round trip airport/hotel transportation fee because you can do it for half that price when you get there.

Go to Orbitz, click on deals, click on hotel plus car. Enter promotional code 200entertain for that time of year Sabor is $400 for 2. You can book your air separate for about $300. Having the car will take care of your transfers if you decline the insurance the only fee you will have to pay is the $21.00 airport fee. We were in Coz in February and stayed at the Wyndham. They also offer ocean view rooms at the Wyndham, for $600 for 2. Personally I would do that one. Your about 30 foot from the ocean. Sabor is set way back about 200 yards from the water.

Mark

I looked at Orbitz for 8/21-28 and got $1,132 for 2 with Ocean View room using the $200 off coupon. Don't pay their $35 round trip airport/hotel transportation fee because you can do it for half that price when you get there.

Thanks for the advice.

I just checked the Orbitz web-site, for our travel dates, 8-29 thru 09-05 using the coupon and it rings it at $702.00 pp! And that's including the airport/transportation.

It looks like Orbitz is the way to go!

Have either of you ever used Orbitz? If so, how was it?

I booked through Orbitz and will be staying at the Sabor next month for a wk. Look for my review when I return on 4/18. Also the onsite dive op will charge you $3 per day to use their pier if not diving with them. I will be using Dive with Martin.

Thanks for the advice.

I just checked the Orbitz web-site, for our travel dates, 8-29 thru 09-05 using the coupon and it rings it at $702.00 pp! And that's including the airport/transportation.

It looks like Orbitz is the way to go!

Have either of you ever used Orbitz? If so, how was it?

Yes, I've used Orbitz several times with no problems. Their web site will also call your cell phone with travel advisories on travel days. Very helpful when there are flight delays, gate changes and the like.

I booked through Orbitz and will be staying at the Sabor next month for a wk. Look for my review when I return on 4/18. Also the onsite dive op will charge you $3 per day to use their pier if not diving with them. I will be using Dive with Martin.

Yes, I've used Orbitz several times with no problems. Their web site will also call your cell phone with travel advisories on travel days. Very helpful when there are flight delays, gate changes and the like.

Thank you very much!!!

I use Orbitz, no problems, no add on fees. Heres a pic of Sabor
v8g3dx.jpg

below is Wyndham ocean view, about 30ft from the ocean.
14xjuo3.jpg

30256c3.jpg

Sabor is a longggg ways from the ocean. I like the sand and palm trees and the nice view of the ocean that you get with the Wyndham ocean view room. You can do the ocean view room on 29-5 for $603 pp, car, air, and food. Thats a great price!! Makes me want to go myself.

Mark

One thing I forgot. Dive with Martin will pay the $2 per day park fee to offset the pier usage fee of $3 according to my last email from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom