Saba Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The plane is an unpressurised de Havilland Sea Otter which does not go anywhere near 12,000 feet. At least when I flew there. Gonna guess closer to 1,000 feet. I’d have no problem with flying after diving in that plane.

The plane is an unpressurised de Havilland Sea Otter which does not go anywhere near 12,000 feet. At least when I flew there. Gonna guess closer to 1,000 feet. I’d have no problem with flying after diving in that plane.
The link provided earlier (an abstract from a DAN conference, no known publication of the material) said the flights from Saba to SXM are 1500-4000 ft.

Another report on the exact issue was in Alert Diver in Fall 2013, p58.

Right now Sea Saba is the only game in town. It changed hands about a year ago, so be aware that any reviews older than one year may not be applicable.

Windwardside and the immediate area around it is where virtually all tourists stay. There are a few hotels and there are also a number of cottages available to rent if that is more to your liking. Check the listings on the Saba Tourism website for an up-to-date list. There are several good restaurants there and if you rent a cottage, you can do your own cooking if you want.

Taxis are readily available, but you may need to arrange your trips ahead of time as you can't just hail one. Hitch hiking is also a good option. We once got picked up by the island Governor!
Please keep in mind that Saba is a micro economy and things change. The tourism website is regularly updated, as is the Sea Saba website. You are correct that the shop is under new owners (my wife and I), as of May 2021. The older boats (Giant Stride and Sea Dragon) have been sold/retired and replaced by Northern Sky (2004), Shark Bait (2022) and Fin & Tonic (2023). We now also offer technical diving and training (TDI), support rebreathers, run dives to the Ghost Wreck on the Saba Bank and do Blackwater. Check us out! You may like the new energy :wink:

Please keep in mind that Saba is a micro economy and things change. The tourism website is regularly updated, as is the Sea Saba website. You are correct that the shop is under new owners (my wife and I), as of May 2021. The older boats (Giant Stride and Sea Dragon) have been sold/retired and replaced by Northern Sky (2004), Shark Bait (2022) and Fin & Tonic (2023). We now also offer technical diving and training (TDI), support rebreathers, run dives to the Ghost Wreck on the Saba Bank and do Blackwater. Check us out! You may like the new energy :wink:
Thanks for the update. Saba is one of the Caribbean sites I have not been able to visit yet, hope to remedy that.

Is Saba affordable, yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom