Saba or Statia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpeckledGrouper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We are looking for a quickie, 4 to 5 day, nothing but Dive, Eat and Sleep Getaway from Ft. Lauderdale/Miami. Next month or month after.
Since we got a Mega $$$ Trip coming up in December (Aussie/PNG/Guam), it kinda needs to be on the none 5* Side...
Little Cayman or Cayman Brac also in the consideration.
Please let me have any suggestions.
Thanks!

Without a doubt Saba, have dove both a lot. Sea Saba definitley.

check the flights. you are looking at a minimum day to day and a half of travel. i know because I was looking to go to saba a couple months ago. out of miami(if you look on matrix software) there is not a flight any day next month that can get you to either island in the same day. if you are going for 4 or 5 days, imo, you need to find a direct flight somewhere. just my 2c

There are daily ferry's between Saba and St Marteen if flights are an issue. Ferry schedule could be an issue as well.

Not really a choice, Saba!

Just an fyi on flights: AA has a non-stop, & USair a one stop to MIA-SXM & JetBlue a one stop FLL-SXM, all arriving in time to make the 17:00 Winair to Saba. Win Air flight seem to pops up inconsistantly on the usual travel sites, best to check there yourself. The dependable airline of the caribbean - Winair I haven't checked lately but the ferrys did depart earlier than that last Win Air flight and you have to get to the dock from the airport.

I will choose Saba too! I love the sea of Saba and I never been in statia so I recommend Saba.

This time of year on most days the last flight arrives on Saba at 5:30 Check out the Dawn II ferry, tues,thurs, Sat. depart StMaarten at I think 4:45 but you have a taxi ride from the Airport to Phillipsburg which can take a bit depending on traffic.

There is also a direct flight on United/continental from Newark to st Maarten that gets in around 12 noon. This allows for a connection to the 225 winair flight to Saba.T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom