S95, Recsea, Dryon AD Mount, AD Lenses!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MauiScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, as threatened; pics of the new rig. Still have to leak test before the camera goes under, but no big hurry; probably Wed for both. :eyebrow:

w/ Dryon AD Mount

w/ Dryon AD Mount

w/ UFL-165AD

w/ UWL-105AD

w/ UWL-105AD​

Congratulation on the new set up!

Is that Dyron AD plastic or Aluminum? Is there like a locking screw or other means to keep it from rotating when the lenses are mounted on?

I was wondering if it brings the UFL165AD closer to the lens than the Fisheye AD Adapter.

Where did you get it from?

I have the FIX S90 and it appears looking at your photos the ergonomics have been improved with grip in front and what looks like a thumb rest.

Buttons and wheel placement also looks a little better.

Do post more images when you get the rig in the water.

Wow! I guess I shouldn't be very surprised because they're made by different companies, but so many folks here on the forum refer to the Recsea and FIX housings as if they're nearly identical that I'm shocked at how different they are. Thanks for posting the pics!

The Recsea 95 and Fix S90 housings are fairly similar, although the Recsea S95 made several nice improvements over the previous version. The Recsea S95 and Fix S95 look quite different to me.

Steve - glad to hear you got everything ok, I can't wait to see some photos from your new setup.

Wow! I guess I shouldn't be very surprised because they're made by different companies, but so many folks here on the forum refer to the Recsea and FIX housings as if they're nearly identical that I'm shocked at how different they are. Thanks for posting the pics!

What is confusing to people is that the former FIX90 was made by the same company in Japan that now makes the nice Recsea95 housing thus the similarity. The new FIX95 is now made by a different company than Fisheye/FIX used last year and I believe it is in China? However, both housings are very nice, I prefer the former FIX90 and current Recsea95 simply because of their multi-adaptable lens mount systems not available on the new FIX95. I consider both housings equal in quality with good points and bad and they are very similar in dimensions, function and geometry even if they are slightly different in looks and origin.

My FIX90 with Inon UFL165AD mounted, looks like the new rescsea95 huh?

P2020182.jpg

My FIX90 with my Fisheye UWL-04 mounted:

P6050322.jpg

My FIX90 with my Inon WAL100-67mm and dome kit mounted:

P2030186.jpg

The dynamic trio:

P6050319.jpg

Made possible by these bits and pieces:

P6050313.jpg

That is what you cannot do with the current FIX95 but you can with the Recsea95. And, I believe it is possible to mount the new Dyron 8mm super fisheye lens and of course for certain the Dyron 16mm fisheye lens (on the FIX90 and Recsea95).

N

Congratulation on the new set up!

Is that Dyron AD plastic or Aluminum? Is there like a locking screw or other means to keep it from rotating when the lenses are mounted on?

I was wondering if it brings the UFL165AD closer to the lens than the Fisheye AD Adapter.

With a company name of Dryon there must be some other term than "plastic" for the material that seems to be plastic.

I have not messed with it much yet so I have not tried to really get the Mount all the way solid. Putting a lens on tightens the whole assembly; no problem. Taking a lens off might always involve the camera hand's finger and thumb grasping the Mount's grippie front ring, to keep the Mount from loosening.

If the Dryon's last more than 2 years average, that is cheaper than the 2 year average threaded rings on my 5050's. Would not sell as a "part", had to return for "factory repair", cheaper to buy another housing off eBay for $150.

Where did you get it from?

Steve - glad to hear you got everything ok, I can't wait to see some photos from your new setup.

:eyebrow: Thanks Scott!

Last edited:
My FIX90 with Inon UFL165AD mounted, looks like the new rescsea95 huh?

Yes it does.

I also have an INON 67 mm 100 w/ dome, but will probably sell them.

Did you type somewhere about the "mount" being a "snap" :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom