S&P for Refresher Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zzRONIzz

Registered
Reaction score
On a stupid boat in the middle of the Bering Sea
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been trying to find information about how refresher courses for CCR work. So far I have checked TDI and IANTD's sites for S&P around them and haven't found anything other than "Complete a refresher course following a period of inactivity greater than 6 months following the course" on TDI's site. Is a refresher essentially retaking the entire course again (week course)? Or is it a more of a condensed review of learning materials (unit set-up and dive planning) and some guided in-water practice (weekend course)?

I haven’t seen one formally scripted, but if I felt I needed it, I’d pay a “guide” for a day or two that is an instructor on the unit you want refreshed. Should be in the $250€ to $350€/day range for competence and would include whatever you’re worried on and then an easy dive with some drills. Kind of unit dependent as well as how long you’ve been away from the unit and if it needs work. Pretty a la carte pending needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom