???'s on Suunto D6 battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

louxwe

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I am changing out the battery on my Suunto D6 battery and it doesn't have an o-ring installed? but it does have this black rubberized gasket thing with a circular ridge thing that fits in the groove on the watch??? Seems odd not having an oring like all of the photos I have seen online and I can't find anyone mentioning this. Did have the watch serviced/new battery once so 1) did the people who worked on it before just not install an oring or 2) is my watch just a different model (older) and uses this weird gasket thing as the o-ring and doesn't need anything else, if so can i buy a replacement for this anywhere since I am already in the computer?

That "black rubberized gasket thing with a circular ridge thing that fits in the groove on the watch " is the Oring (if you remove it carefully from the Groove you´ll see it´s a standard Oring). Make sure you remove and replace it with a new and original Oring before closing back the computer. I strongly suggest you do not try to re-use the old O ring. A person on ebay sells the kit for the D6 containing Oring, battery and silicon grease to slightly lubricate the new Oring before installing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom