S Drill Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are just assuming this is true, but has this possibility ever truly been researched? Isn't it possible that the level of methane might be too high for this to be a safe alternative? Before I took a donkey into the cave with me, I would want to be sure it will work. I searched the DAN web site and I looked through Rubicon, but I cannot find a single authoritative study.

I suggest some brave soul, perhaps Bob since it was his idea, initiate a study. I am sure grant funds will be available somewhere.

I'll kick in but I would expect the study to be conducted using the latest high def video and surround sound recording equipment. :wink:

6) A Donkey's A hole can be used as an alternate air source and Bob can sure turn a phrase. :)

I don't know if that's true but it would sure cure chapped lips.

Is there a DIR protocol for keeping the tail out of the way ????
Wouldn't this manure ver dislodge my mask ??

My dive buddy says "it's twue, it's twue, it's twue ..."

jackass.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I suppose you could always keep a few sanitary wipes in your pocket for emergencies.

Frankly, I'd suck a fart out of a donkey's ass if that's what it took to make it to the surface alive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh my God that's funny!! Seriously!

Do donkeys dive? :D

I also don't subscribe to the bungee'd alternate, donate the primary configuration but dive with some that do. ...Thoughts?

I teach donating the secondary, as I personally don't think that donating a functioning clear regulator is the wisest thing to do. The bottom line and most important thing however, is that each buddy knows the other's equipment configuration before the dive and that they review what the proceedure will be for each of them. If I need gas, I'm not going to argue where it's coming from. :)

On a recent liveaboard, I was hanging on the line below the ladder doing a safety stop, when I noticed all of this large particulate in the water, then I started to put the pieces together ...

... hmmm, crew is aboard, probably doing their domestic-type duties while guests are below, heads all have macerators ...

... bummer :depressed:

What kind of glue did you use... you know... "to put the pieces together."

You guys realize that the second you get in a swimming pool you are sharing germs from far worse places on other peoples' bodies than their mouths, right? And in the ocean, there are these things called fish. Ya. They actually poop in the water. (And pee and spawn and spew sperm all over everything.)

Draw some Nike swooshes on your mask lenses and Just Do It.

I teach donating the secondary, as I personally don't think that donating a functioning clear regulator is the wisest thing to do. The bottom line and most important thing however, is that each buddy knows the other's equipment configuration before the dive and that they review what the proceedure will be for each of them. If I need gas, I'm not going to argue where it's coming from. :)

Donating the working reg seems to me to be the wisest thing to hand off to someone who's probably on the edge of panic since they're asking for air. Then I always have my second right under my chin so I always know it's there. No fumbling no messing, it's always there tucked away. Frankly, I see no reason to have it anyplace else, but that's a discussion for another day.

Place the regulator, which by the way is on a long hose, directly in front of his or her eyes so they see it and can take it. Seems good practice for the donator to be doing as well. We've all heard that a diver who's in panic will grab your working reg anyway, so why not just let that be the one you practice donating?

Oh well different strokes for different folks as they say... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom