rusty chain from platform at windy point on travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c_figaro

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I see that it leads to something below the "steps" that start at a (current) depth of 75feet. Me and my dad followed it down to 83 feet or so, but we didn't go further. what is that chain ancored to?

Which platform is it coming off of? The one on plat one is gone, unfortunately, and the one on platform three I believe is still there. The one on Plat 3 runs from 3 to 4, then runs off the wall and is anchored on the edge of the grove down there, I believe. I've only followed the original chain one to the grove, and I use three to get to depth before heading over to the beneteau. Someone (LVX, Ian, Dan, or maybe Willie) might know better than I can answer.

After looking at the map, I'm almost certain we were below P4.

If I remember correctly it goes to a stump at about 100' near the edge of the pecan grove.

The chain goes to the car at around 100'. Also the chain is broken somewhat and Richard has expressed the need to repair or replace it - I've offered my services to help.

Dan

daniel f aleman:
The chain goes to the car at around 100'. Also the chain is broken somewhat and Richard has expressed the need to repair or replace it - I've offered my services to help.

Dan
Is the Pinto at 100' already?

Back
Top Bottom