Running out of air- a perspective

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To paraphrase, if you have a "jesus take the wheel" approach to crisis management, you probably shouldn't be diving

I guess maybe I didn't express strongly enough that my point is buddy diving only makes sense to me. I read this report, seems that the biggiest percentage of deaths occured because the fatality was alone. He may not have started out that way, but ended that way. I do have a "I depend on Jesus" life, but I don't see how that makes you think I don't have good sense, nor does that make me a bad buddy diver. The one doesn't translate into the other. I am ultimatley responsible for my safety. I don't try to blame my mistakes on someone else, or on someone elses trainiing. I make the decisions that effect me and that in turns may affect someone else. The two responses to my post, don't get that. You are the type of people who look for an opportunity to jump on someone. I hope I don't ever have someone like you for a partner either, If i do, then I will thank JESUS for being able to get back to the surface safely, and not YOU>

I was with you for the first 3/4 of that, then you lost me again at the end

Why don't you just ask Jesus not to buddy me with you in the first place?

I guess maybe I didn't express strongly enough that my point is buddy diving only makes sense to me.
I got that from your post. People sometimes see faith as a crutch or a disease. Sad that.

That being said, I am an avid solo diver though I never dive alone. My partners are often me, myself and I. :D

I got that from your post. People sometimes see faith as a crutch or a disease. Sad that.
I got a few things from his post that I don't quite agree with ... but looking at them from the perspective of a new diver, I can agree that they are probably good ways to look at it.

I think that it's important to dive within your comfort zone. For those who feel more comfortable with a buddy, that's how they should dive regardless of experience level. Underwater, stress is not your friend.

That being said, I am an avid solo diver though I never dive alone. My partners are often me, myself and I. :D
Mine's a little buddy slung under my left arm ... his name is "AL" ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was with you for the first 3/4 of that, then you lost me again at the end

Why don't you just ask Jesus not to buddy me with you in the first place?

Please let me clarify. My faith in Jesus is complete. I make no bones about that. He did give me a brain and sense to use it, though. My faith in Jesus to some may be blind, but that is MY faith.
My brain is used for thinking. Yes I am a new diver, I have no comfort level, therefor I will dive that way. As my experience increases, so will my comfort level. I can appreciate those whose experience and comfort allows them to dive alone. I have already learned things from them on this board, and for that I THANK them.
I'm not there, and don't pretend to be. Time will tell about the rest.
I will Ignore others lack of faith, they can ignore my complete faith. Again, God gave me a brain and I use it. When I wake in the mornings to head for my dive site, my brain will be with me. When my fins touch the water, my brain will be with me.

This also proves my point how quickly people can get off topic. I thought the post was a discussion about fatalities and how they appeared to be associated with OOA and LOAs. Not My faith.

I thought the post was a discussion about fatalities and how they appeared to be associated with OOA and LOAs. Not My faith.

It is. You were the one who brought your faith up. I didn't see the relevance to the thread topic

Best wishes for your future diving, you have the correct attitude towards it and are on the way to becoming what all should be - a safe, thinking diver who relies on their skills and training

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom